• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued First Aid Gear / Kit

Laps

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious about what soldiers going to theatre (Afghanistan) are getting issued for first aid gear / kit.  I am curious to see if we have caught on the americans that issues their troops with the new IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit), or if guys overseas still only carry the WW1 style Field Dressing.

Not to be rude, but I am not seeking "opinions" or "In my kit, I carry .... that you can purchase at...", but rather just what is issued (ok... maybe what should be issued)

Thanks

What should be issued and how it is used is discussed at length in the medical forums.

As for what is issued beyond that most outstanding piece of medical kit, the CF field dressing are:

CAT tourniquet,
Quickclot,
Isreali Emergency dressing.

BTW, I traded 2 of
Laps said:
the WW1 style Field Dressing.
for a new US Army IFAK. I also traded 100+ to get all sorts of newer gucci medical gear (CAT and SOF tourniquets, Hexadent IV solutions, 800 mg Mortin to name a few) when I was overseas last yr. Our fd dressing is the cat's ass when it comes to pressure dressings. US Forces have nothing like it that can be used in so many ways.

Back