• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

It appears the Marines will be vindicated against false charges.

Sassy

Inactive
Reaction score
I came across this article after much digging, it appears the Marines were set up by terrorists in Haditha.  This is amazing, why didn't the brass leak the truth from the beginning.  A witch hunt for non-existant witches is what this was, the left leaning peacniks used this tale of fiction to justify pulling out the troops.  Shakes head and would like to spit at the moment.

Link to entire story: http://warchronicle.com/TheyAreNotKillers/Exclusive/AlQaedaInHaditha-NatHelms.htm

Part of article:  October 6, 2007 – Buried in the mountain of exhibits attached to the once secret Haditha, Iraq murder inquiry prepared by US Army Maj. Gen. Eldon A. Bargewell is an obscure Marine Corps intelligence summary (see pdf) that says the deadly encounter was an intentional propaganda ploy planned and paid for by Al Qaeda foreign fighters.

Veteran military defense attorney Gary Meyers said he never understood why the Naval Criminal Investigative Service special agents leading the Haditha criminal investigation didn’t “examine the linkage” between Al Qaeda, the local insurgency and the events at Haditha. Meyers was an attorney on the defense team that successfully defended Justin Sharratt, a Marine infantryman accused of multiple murders at Haditha.

The report – apparently overlooked by a Washington press corps awash in leaked Bargewell documents and secret Naval Criminal Investigative Service reports – shows that Marine Corps intelligence operatives were advised of the scheme to demonize the Marines by an informant named Muhannad Hassan Hamadi. The informant was snared by 3/1 Marines on December 11 2005 and decided to cooperate.

Planning a "

i feel sorry for anyone going through high-profile military trials.

Not only do you always have fewer rights, in a system designed against you -- but you can't ignore politics and outside pressure in these trials.

I almost spent 10 days in a clink for something I didn't even do, once -- but fortunately some officers above me, who all liked me - went to bat for me.

If i was an average private, all alone - i'd get the short end.

r

Back