• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JIBC Chilliwack Questions and Answers....

kawigirl

Inactive
Reaction score
:cdn:Hi All,
I am just starting my first phase of the medic course, and I have a few questions that myself and others want to ask the instructors. But you know the rule....LOL! Can someone
who has just finished or finished within the last year give us some answers..Thanks
1) What do we wear to the JI?? We have heard it is a civilian school and we wear civy clothes, we've heard cadpat and we've also heard the MP uniforms??
2) Are we living in shacks or hotels?
3) Is most of the 6 months is classroom work and only the last 3 weeks is ride along?
4) Do we do PT on our own or do we do it as a course?
5) Do we get inspected?
6) How many people to a room and do we get to pick our own roommates?t
7) What is the storage like?
8) Do you lose your weekends?
9) Are you allowed to have a vehicle there?
10) Is there places to study and practice?

I think that is all that I can remember being asked to asked. Maybe you can give us a heads up on what to expect.

Thanks,
Kawigirl ;D

As per my course from May 08 - Nov 08:

1. You wear combats to school. When you work on the ambulance you wear the On-Car uniform. (which looks like the MP uniform, with a few alterations) When you work in the hospital you wear JIBC scrubs.
2. My course and the course there currently lived in a Hotel. However, the renovation of the shacks is supposed to be finished soon, so you may be back in the shacks by the time you get there.
3. The course was approximately 4.5 months classroom and about 5-6 weeks practicum. (one week long-ish practicum halfway through, and then about 4 weeks-ish at the end of the program)
4. We did PT on our own time, as well as some PT organized by the JI staff in the afternoon a couple days a week. (Hiking, swimming, bootcamp..etc)
5. We had a couple of room inspections. (however we had 3 different NCO's when we were there so it really varied by the staff in charge)
6. In the hotel it was 2 per room, and we were able to choose our room mate. (the renovations of the shacks are also supposed to be 2 per room. Previously they were 6 per room)
7. At the hotel we had some shelving in our room, as well as a large locked cage elsewhere in the building.
8. We had all our weekends to ourselves (other than the ones we were on shift for)
9. Our course was not permitted to drive our vehicles there. (it was winter) However the course after us, a few had vehicles there. (I think they just drove them out on their own) If you have a vehicle nearby, you can bring it. (on your own dime of course)
10. At the hotel you had your room to study in, or else there was a common room where we could go. (the JI provided equipment to practice with that we kept in that room)

Hope that helps. I only know about living in the hotel though, and your course might be in the shacks by the point you get there.

Thanks Medipea
Thanks for the information. I will pass it on. And if I have more I will post them too!! Have you donr your field portion yet?? I can't wait to get on with the training. Our first A & P test is on Wednesday...So studying I go.

Kawigirl

Yup I graduated my 3's in December, and am on my first posting now. The field was a good time.

Good luck on your test!

Back