• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Job Offer

robben101

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied to the CAF in November 2013 and have gone through all the steps and processes. I was told to sit tight and wait to see if I have been selected for a trade in November. So I have been check emails and phone messages since ending of October 2014 for any news and nothing. Then I checked my spam folder and saw that I had received an offer on October 20, 2014 that said I had 5 days to respond. The problem is that I didn't see this email until November 7, 2014. I immediately called the Recruiting Officer that sent the email and left a message and will also go in to the recruiting centre to hand in my sign acceptance form. Is it too late for or will I still be able to claim my spot because I have waited so long for this chance to serve Canada and I don't want to lose it like this.

That is a question only the recruiter can answer, if the position is still open there's hope. It is strange that something that important did not warrant a phone call from the recruiting office though, since they cannot confirm that you received the email.

Thank you very much for replying Hurricane...your post made me feel better. I do think its really odd that I didn't get a call or something after the email was sent. I hope everything can be cleared up when I visit my recruiting centre. Thank you again

but 17 days later.........  :facepalm: i think the chance are thin especialy for the reason why u called them back so late.... i didnt look my email spam box!. dont look really credible, specialy for a job in the army ....

I never bothered to check my spam for two reasons. one, who checks their spam folder anyway? And two, I have received a ton of emails from the recruiters from day one and not a single one of them went to spam folder. its weird that the most important email is the one that went to spam.

any way i wish you best luck on that and hopin everything goes in your favor  :salute:

robben101 said:
I never bothered to check my spam for two reasons. one, who checks their spam folder anyway? And two, I have received a ton of emails from the recruiters from day one and not a single one of them went to spam folder. its weird that the most important email is the one that went to spam.

Been there - not with CFRC exactly but - was getting a ton of emails from my college, no problem.  Then one day I find a really important one sitting in the spam folder.  My reaction was to shout out loud 'what the **ll!'

Anyways best of luck.  Check your spam folders once a week folks. 

robben101 said:
I applied to the CAF in November 2013 and have gone through all the steps and processes. I was told to sit tight and wait to see if I have been selected for a trade in November. So I have been check emails and phone messages since ending of October 2014 for any news and nothing. Then I checked my spam folder and saw that I had received an offer on October 20, 2014 that said I had 5 days to respond. The problem is that I didn't see this email until November 7, 2014. I immediately called the Recruiting Officer that sent the email and left a message and will also go in to the recruiting centre to hand in my sign acceptance form. Is it too late for or will I still be able to claim my spot because I have waited so long for this chance to serve Canada and I don't want to lose it like this.

Two things you can do.  First off and provided that email came from an address ending in "@forces.gc.ca" you can "Reply" back indicating the reason for your delay.  Also, you need to contact your CFRC right away to acknowledge receipt of the offer.

I'm sure it is still waiting for you!

Good luck!

Good luck for sure! If it still stands maybe you can start in  early January, great way to start a new year!!

Back