• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

John McDonald

lovinlife

Inactive
Reaction score
I was informed today that Johnny McDonald (Chicken Arms) had passed away prior to Christmas as he had a heart attack while in Nova Scotia . For those who knew Johnny, he was a lot of fun to be around and was a good Sapper. Johnny was one of those 22 guys that played hard and worked hard, he was always proud to be a hockey player of the 22 F*%K You era in the early eighties.  Johnny, you will always be remembered, god bless my friend, :salute:

B

Shitty, shitty, shitty news.

John McDonald...man, I wonder if it's the same guy I know. Identical name and from N.S.

The one you're talking about wasn't about 31ish years old and once part of the West Nova Scotia Regiment years ago was he?

Either way, R.I.P.

Probably not, chicken arms would have been in the 40-45 range, I would guess.

I see...still sad to see such a character move on in such a tragic way.

RIP  :cdn:

Keep smiling Johnny, it was honour to have soldiered with you, RIP.

RIP John, not sure if I knew you or not, but godspeed to you.

Chimo

RIP Johnny,,,
Chicken Arms and i roomed together when we were posted to ADR in Lahr .That little F::; kept me entertained .He was one in a million.Great man ,great sapper ,great friend.
Red

RIP Johnny.

Might as well warn the good lord that a Sapper is loose in the chicken coop

Let us pray!

CHIMO!

I'll never forget the mess dinner in Petawawa Johnny snuck out for a piss, when he was on his way back he saw a few others putting a Bear Macdougal into a cab, as he had passed out at the table. When Johnny entered the room all eyes were focussed on him, Johnny smartly announced to all not to worry, that he made sure that Sgt Macdougal was safely on his way home. Dodged one there, but I seem to remember he still managed to get a few extras by the end of the night.

Were all gonna miss yah Johnny,

CHIMO

Sorry To here..... I work with John in the eighties in 2 Tp 1 CER.... Was he still in the Engineers when he passed away?

Kevin White

Ah Johnny...., He was entertaining thats for sure, as a young sapper in 22 I remember him well in the canteen. if I remember uchre was the thing in those days and he always hung out with Hall. At least I hope this is the right JM, we did have two in the unit at the time.
Better days JM
keep your stick on the ice

Randy

Was he in TQ3 8701? (trying to figure out if he was the one I am thinking of)
Does anyone have a picture?

RIP Sapper!
CHIMO!

PanaEng said:
Was he in TQ3 8701? (trying to figure out if he was the one I am thinking of)
Does anyone have a picture?

RIP Sapper!
CHIMO!

Nope, Chicken Arms predates '87.

John was a good ole sapper.  We will miss him.  Speaking of ole sapper.  Can any of you ex  or current 2 CER or 1 CER pers out there guess who I am?
Hint - joined 1 Fd Sqn in 1975 went the the CAR in Edm and returned in 1977 when 1 Fd Sqn became 2 CER / SSF.  Anyone want to venture a guess?

Back