• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Join the RHLI got some questions

RyanJGautreau

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if any one could answer some questions. What is the usual the estimated time it takes for when your file is completed to be send over to the Reserve unit you're applied for, in this case for me its the RHLI. One of the people that work at this unit had called me right before December's BMQ was going to start and gave me the impression and so was the person that i was going to be starting in that course but then later on said that the file has not be sent over yet.  Would this be a holiday issue? They also said because the file didn't show up that i'd most likely start the course jan 30 2015 any one else going to be in this course?

Can send me a message or email me arctech@live.ca

ARMY.CA STAFF
Deleted identical post and moved contact info here.  Don't post the same question multiple times. - Harris

as you will read over here a LOT , joining the CF can take anywhere from 3 months to years depending on the unit , you're personal file and the number of spots available. 

When applying to a reserve unit , the recruiting process goes thought them , so they are the one knowing the time and other details surrounding you're application.

Best bet would be to call them and ask them about you're file , chances are if you applied right before Christmas break , then you're file might not been process as we speak since the unit would of been close for some weeks due to Christmas break

cheers

RyanJGautreau, a bit of friendly advice.  Stop asking the same question over and over.  You'll get banned.

Friendly advise back sorry if this bothers you but isn't this a place to be able to ask question ? If this is a forum that doesn't allow me to ask questions what the purpose of this forum then?

Thanks for your reply! I have been in the application process for a while I think my file was totally completed in September; The CFAT, interview, fitness test, medical. And the security clearance went through as well. Then they had said they give it to the DEP Commander to look at for signature then they send it to the unit this was sent to him in I think in November or so. The person was almost sure that that file was going to be in, she was getting the joining instructions for me ha.

He is not trying to be mean.

Take a Look at this

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

especially this thing right here :

You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads. Accounts that are believed to be registered by bots or spammers will be immediately banned.

as for the question you were asking , like I said , the best thing to do would be to contact the recruiter and ask them personally where you're application stands and what are the next step / time

Hey RyanJGautreau! I got contacted to start my training for the RHLI in December as well in London. I had to turn it down since it started in a couple days and I had exams/work to stress with as well as London being a far drive (from Hamilton, time could have been used to study/do homework). They're trying to get me in for the January start date. I'll probably call to ask them what the situation is. If you want to talk more PM me!

krimynal said:
He is not trying to be mean.

Take a Look at this

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

especially this thing right here :

You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads. Accounts that are believed to be registered by bots or spammers will be immediately banned.

as for the question you were asking , like I said , the best thing to do would be to contact the recruiter and ask them personally where you're application stands and what are the next step / time

Thanks for the warning, and I wasn't saying he was being mean. Sorry if it sounded rude and I posted that question in another thread but realized I should start a new post but I couldn't figure out how to fix/ delete that post. As I will say again I apologize for that.

Hopefully they get my file before Jan 30 BMQ, she had told me that it was because of holidays. For training though will it be all weekend long most weekends until summer, then all summer pretty much right? 

usually a reserve BMQ , would be weekends 2 or 3 weekends per month , depending on the length of your course.  Mine was 13 WEEKENDS , started in December , ended in beginning of May.

Then we we're out to Valcartier Quebec for 1 month and a half for SQ+DP1

but every unit might be different and the location / length of you're course might change depending of multiples factors.

Which unit are you currently in or were in? And that sounds good! Anxious to get my BMQ started. What was BMQ like for when you had attended ? 

I'm currently with the 62e RAC ( Regiment D'artillerie de Campagne ) basically I'm a gunner in a French Unit.

BMQ was like you could expect , lot's of instruction , lot's of different subject , you are basically completely cluesless all the time , physical training , and not that much sleep. 

Of course the weekend one is easier then a week BMQ.

And of course a reserve BMQ would be easier then a Regular BMQ ( simply put Reserve BMQ = 13 WEEKENDS so around 26 days , while a Regular BMQ = 13 weeks.  You do the math )

the of course part was simply because , TECHNICALLY you only have 2 days of military formation following up.

instead of a 5 day , but then , if you have you're civil job you might find it harder !

everyone's story is different !

Sweet!  Eventually I want to ct over to reg forces I know it takes a long time and that's why I'm joining to reserve first so my girls and wife get use to it. I want to volunteer for every deployment the reserve has to offer!

Back