• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining after a 5(d) discharge.

lackey of TASK

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello. I got dismissed from the reserves with a 5(d) release, being not advantageously employable.

I have heard that it is possible to be able to go back into the reserves even though you got a 5(d) release. Is this true? If so, is the process different for people under such a relase?

yes you can..i am. I was reg force, 4c release..went to reserves and was released nas without my knowledge....recruiting centre had the release item changed.

I asked the same question about 6 months ago. Correct answer is that regardless of release item, CFRG still needs to waive you for re-enrollment. As long as you weren't an adminstrative burden, you should be ok...go and apply..it'll take its course from there.

4(c) On request - Other causes

5(d) Not advantageously employed - due to factors that are not within his control - impair his usefulness

5(f) Unsuitable for further service - due to factors that are within his control - he developed weaknesses & behavior problems

Obviously, there were reasons for the 5(d) to be issued.... and they would have to have been addressed before we give you another look.  Letters of recommendation will be needed & reserve unit CO will have to sign off as accepting to take you on...

i was in the reserve before. Before i left, i finished all the required trainings and duties; but among all the guys could reach there, i am the one pretty..............low. Is it very bad for my application now?

Huh?
not sure what you are asking... please be so kind as to rephrase

geo said:
Huh?
not sure what you are asking... please be so kind as to rephrase
sorry, didn't show my question clearly. I mean: I was in the reserve and finished all the required training, but my marks are ..........low. Is it good for my current application or bad?

uzi,
before you decide to get back in, it would be silly to do so and put your academics at risk.
If you were released, at your request with a 4(c) then the CF will always be there for you when you are ready and have gotten your act together.

geo said:
uzi,
before you decide to get back in, it would be silly to do so and put your academics at risk.
If you were released, at your request with a 4(c) then the CF will always be there for you when you are ready and have gotten your act together.

NoNono, i have no trouble at school. I mean my marks for the military training are low.....like my drill sergent wrote down" mentally not ready for infantry.........", my CO wrote" ...........needs to improve mentally and phsically"............ When I  finished the summer contract as an infantry, I decided to leave. But 1 year later, when I tried to apply engineering positions, the hiring policy changed for "911". So I have to wait until now.   

... if you want answers or suggestions - try to be a little bit more transparent - no point in going one way & then the other - all over the place.... quite frustrating.

If your military trg courses were below par when you released, you will be required to explain yourself and justify why you think things have changed from where you were last year.....

Back