• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining Reserves then Regulars

Kod111

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I am 15 and I am planning on joining the reserves at 16. I am not sure what positions there are for me because of my age and education so I don't know what I can enter as. I am planning on joining the Regulars as an Armoured Officer after university. I would also like to know what are the preferred degrees to becoming an Armoured Officer and the steps from moving from whatever position I hold in the reserves to Armoured Officer in the Regs.

Thanks  :salute:

And yes, I just realized this tread should be in Recruiting  :facepalm:

The reserve unit that you join depends on your geographic location. The majority of reserve units are infantry, armoured, and artillery, but there are also a number of roles out there.

As for switching from the reserves to the regular force, you would have to ask for a component transfer. There are already a number of threads on this site, so I won't get into that.

Kod111 said:
Hi, I am 15 and I am planning on joining the reserves at 16. I am not sure what positions there are for me because of my age and education so I don't know what I can enter as. I am planning on joining the Regulars as an Armoured Officer after university. I would also like to know what are the preferred degrees to becoming an Armoured Officer and the steps from moving from whatever position I hold in the reserves to Armoured Officer in the Regs.
Thanks  :salute:

For DEO Applicants.......

Preferred/Ideal - Bachelor of Engineering (Engr and Management),  Bachelor of Science (Any) or Bachelor of Arts (Accounting, Admin, International Studies or Languages)

Acceptable - Any Undergraduate Degree

Back