• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the army as FSA

Pizza1128

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently in the final stage of my application to the Forces as a reserve member, but I have two important questions. First, while the Forces primarily offer positions for non-commissioned members (NCM), I am interested in becoming an officer in the future. If I complete the necessary training and gain the relevant experience, how long would it typically take for me to qualify for an officer role other than a logistics officer? Second, as I am also working in accounting, I wonder if my experience in the Forces could count towards my CPA designation.

P.S. I reside in Metro Vancouver.

Thanks so much

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, i asked CPA Alberta and they told me work experience won't be counted toward my CPA. But you should ask CPA BC

Hi,

I'm in the same situation, i asked CPA Alberta and they told me work experience won't be counted toward my CPA. But you should ask CPA BC
That's likely because what you will do as an FSA is miles apart from what an accountant or other financial services advisor would do civvy side. Military FSAs do travel claims, pay bills, and some other stuff. But they don't really touch the unit's finances or personal finances.

Ya, I was enrolled last month into a reserve unit in Calgary. I plan on getting the CPA experience from my civilian job. You can probably look into logistic offer position but I highly recommend talking to a recruiter.

Back