• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the Reserves [2010 Summer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

faivious

Inactive
Reaction score
The next summer, which will be 2010, I will be taking various tests in the recruitment centre, and if I pass them, I'll be in a part-time reserve force.

At this moment, I am 15, turning 16 this coming January.
I attend a High School, and I am in Grade 10.

If I did the Part-Time reserves force, how will the times be set up?

I've heard that you attend once a week.
And a consecutive 2 or 3 days per month.

And a long course during the summer vacation?
If I am incorrect, please acknowledge me, as I am curious.

There are several threads on Reserves. Check one of them out. It will give you all the info you want.

I realize that, I've checked over the forum to see if there were any valuable information that I can check out, even used the search bar.

Instead of wasting your time writing up that useless crap that everyone types up, actually help out.

Thanks for your useless help.

As a recruiter for the CF yours is the attitude that we enjoy dealing with. If you can't spend the time looking for answers on your own you are not going far either in the application process or the CF in general. As for wasting my time talking to people interested in a career in the CF it's kind of my job. I get the privilege of talking to kids like you all day. And yes when I try to help by giving advice or steering prospects to places where they can get information I get a lot of "I looked but couldn't find anything". Try putting "Reserves" in the search and see what comes up. If your in Toronto come in and see me and I'll be glad to help. My door is always open.

I realize that, I've checked over the forum to see if there were any valuable information that I can check out, even used the search bar.

Instead of wasting your time writing up that useless crap that everyone types up, actually help out.

Thanks for your useless help.
I can't see you getting any help on this forum if you are going to continue having that attitude. Just some advice. :)

I have already tried the search bar.
I've tried and attempted on various amounts of key words, even 'Reserves'.

As a quick test to you, type in Reserves in the search bar, and see what results you get.

Good, there's over 10 results, thats a good start.

I scan over it, and realize that by typing in Reserves, I can get Multi results, as in I could get results about reserve first time experience, reserve PT.

I scan over it, still no sign of what I am looking for.

Now I quickly realize that the posted date on all the posts, is 6~10 years ago, which is completely useless as they would be out dated by this point in time.

I'll apologize for my attitude, but you yourself are a recruiter for the CF, it would have been an easy path for both of us.
Because my question was simply "If I am incorrect, please acknowledge me, as I am curious."

It was a Yes or a No question.

Lets drop this conversation, sorry for the trouble caused.

faivious said:
At this moment, I am 15, turning 16 this coming January.
I attend a High School, and I am in Grade 10. Don't do it at such a young age, if you are near the young end, instructors will pay more attention to you and that's a bad thing.

If I did the Part-Time reserves force, how will the times be set up? Unless you sign up for contract work, reserves is part-time.

I've heard that you attend once a week. Yes
And a consecutive 2 or 3 days per month. That's the monthly weekend exercises. Not sure if you actually need to go on one if you are a new guy.

And a long course during the summer vacation? If you are going into Army, you will need to do Basic and Soldier Qualification, each is around 1 month long.

Side note: I know how annoying it is when people tells you to use search, but if you are serious about going into the military, learn to keep your feelings to yourself. If you can't stand one single comment on the internet, you won't survive in the basic when instructors are messing with you every single day.

I think we have a fabulous start here, and one which the Original Poster can take as sound advice and move on.  Without the attitude, and with the use of some initiative, (s)he should be able to find some very valuable information. 

TOPIC LOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back