• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining - Yet Another Question Post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donovanpayne

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

Instead of telling everyone how much I want to join and blah, blah, blah I'll just post a few of the questions and concerns I have. In advance, I'd like to apologize if it seems like I'm asking for my hand to be held throughout this post. I've done quite a bit of reading in regards to joining but just wish some confirmation.

Here are my questions (Sorry if it's a bit much, I'm just trying to understand as much as possible before I proceed any further with my military plans):

- Regarding fitness, what would the military consider to be a proper push-up? Sit-up?
- What's the maximum I should be able to run (without breaks) before applying? From my understanding it's 2.4 km.
- If accepted and I pass the training, will it be possible for me to live on my own/with my girlfriend?
- When training, what are the weekly hours like? Example: When do we start training and when do we stop.
- If accepted, when does the training (BMQ, etc.) start? Is it year round or are there certain times within the year when it is held?
- Will they test my fitness at the recruiting centre in my city (Calgary, AB) or will they fly me down and then test it?

I appreciate you reading this and once again I apologize if it seems as if I'm asking my hand to be held.

Thank you for your timeĀ  :)

All of those questions have been answered, if you take the time to search the Recruiting, Basic Training and Physical Fitness sub-forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back