• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

Heck, if i could 100 push ups and sit ups and all that. i still would only do 1 or 2 over the minimum.

I'm not worried at all for the express test. I don't even try for the standard and never did. I just keep doing them and doing them....doesn't matter to me if I can do 19 or 100 really.

Anyway I am off to be sworn in today...first to vital statistics for a couple birth certificates haha.

djrecon001 said:
Heck, if i could 100 push ups and sit ups and all that. i still would only do 1 or 2 over the minimum.

You'd actually strive for the minimum instead of doing your best??

Wow. That's saying something.

ArmyVern said:
You'd actually strive for the minimum instead of doing your best??

During "BASIC" training, yes.  after that i'd be maxing out on everything.

djrecon001 said:
During "BASIC" training, yes.  after that i'd be maxing out on everything.

So this means you are unaware that there are indeed awards given out at basic?  For athleticism, marksmanship, etc etc??

As with any other team sport or exercise, the whole point is to do your very best, and use your skills to help teach and advance others.  If you excel at something, don't hide it, use it to help those around you get better.  They are looking for people who can lead/follow/and help others succeed.  Getting by on bare minimum, even at Basic, is maybe not the bet step to take.  Just MHO of course.

Cheers, Kyle

lmao Med...so so true.

I can run a bit more than a KM, do 18-19 pushups, the situps and teh griptest.

May not be good enough to pass but I can poop gold!

MedTechStudent said:
So this means you are unaware that there are indeed awards given out at basic?  For athleticism, marksmanship, etc etc??

As with any other team sport or exercise, the whole point is to do your very best, and use your skills to help teach and advance others.  If you excel at something, don't hide it, use it to help those around you get better.  They are looking for people who can lead/follow/and help others succeed.  Getting by on bare minimum, even at Basic, is maybe not the bet step to take.  Just MHO of course.

I totally agree with that. Except the individual award(s).  I like team awards more. I get more satisfaction out of those.

Now i'm going to train by playing C&C Generals.  weeeeee

djrecon001 said:
I like team awards more. I get more satisfaction out of those.

Meh not me, and I'l explain why.  The satisfaction of receiving a team award comes usually with the knowledge that your own personal contribution/skills aided the team and therefore led to the success.  The only way I think people can feel proud of being part of a team, is when they act like part of the team.  Whether in actual performance, or supporting others to do well.  I've been on a lot of winning teams with 3 or 4 people that just did nothing and got the same medal.  Its frustrating but hey it happens.

With individual achievements, you do your very best just the same as you would in a team, but you're up against a group of other individuals.  Its six of one, half a dozen of another for me.  Team awards are sometimes more fun because you have the whole rest of the soccer team to go out and get drunk celebrate with afterwards.  ;) 

lol.

Im actually looking forward to BMQ in some ways. I did Basic Battleschool back in the day, and from what Ive been told alot of its been changed to be much much easier.

And yeah, there are awards. Not sure if I'll get any but oh well.

I'm amazed with how many people on this site are not leaving on the 14th. Tons of ppl on the 7th and tons on the 21st. but 2 people for 14th. its going to be a small get together for the army.ca BMQ reunion

I think you should edit your post again, cause it makes no sense

You'll have to forgive me. i'll edit the posts soon enough. i currently have no internet and use my cell phone to browse the website and it doesn't give me the option to edit.

Fraser said:
If anyone is having trouble with the push ups then you should check Army.ca and use the pushup program some posted. It gets you to build your self up to 50 push ups in 8 weeks. I have been doing it and iv almost doubled my push ups in under 3 weeks.

hi, could you post a link to such info i haven't been having any luck finding it, thanks!

swearing in tommorow morning, hopefully everything goes well, O can anybody tell me if our autobiography has to be written before BMQ, or do we get time at BMQ to do this?

siege said:
swearing in tommorow morning, hopefully everything goes well, O can anybody tell me if our autobiography has to be written before BMQ, or do we get time at BMQ to do this?

Seems to me that I have read somewhere on this site a topic or two on writting autobiographies.  I wonder where exactly those were?

Back