• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

I didnt mean it like that the oshawa recruitment center told me one thing and she told me something different thats why...

88rustang07 said:
Yea, I just called and its a no go. The lady said if its a later date the course is full...  :'( I hope she wasn't just being lazy.

I dunno about that.... I mean yea I didn't get the course date I wanted... I didn't cry about it.  HOWEVER, people received calls after I got mine for dates well before my date, I also called and stated that I can leave whenever they have an opening if it's available.  Obviously the dates earlier than the 21st were not full. (by my unofficial count, a solid dozen at the least were merit listed and called after I received my offer only to leave before me.)

(Not questioning anyone at the recruiting center or otherwise. I am just supplying my own experience and opinion.)

Haha thanks dukka, You are right... I have been noticing that, looking at the different threads.

dukkadukka said:
(by my unofficial count, a solid dozen at the least were merit listed and called after I received my offer only to leave before me.)

What trade were these people ?

Did going to a BMQ before you shorten their wait time for / coincided with their MOC training ?

Etc, Etc, Etc ...

Oh thats right...i'm sorry, you folks have it all figured out. i'll be quiet now.

CDN Aviator said:
What trade were these people ?

Did going to a BMQ before you shorten their wait time for / coincided with their MOC training ?

Etc, Etc, Etc ...

Oh thats right...i'm sorry, you folks have it all figured out. i'll be quiet now.

about half were same trades as me.  I'm not saying I have it all figured out, nor is anyone else I would assume.  I'm just not being rude about it.  PERSONALLY my recruiting center were not nice, did not answer my questions, and I had a recruiter tell me straight up that WOMEN cannot apply for the trade I was requesting.  Everyone is different, I'm just saying that sometimes it's not the case.  It's better to be helpful than to be overly aggressive and unhelpful. 

Just curious, what trade did they say women don't get chosen?? I know that in the U.S army some of the trades say "closed to women" which is pretty blunt and unfair.

88rustang07 said:
Just curious, what trade did they say women don't get chosen?? I know that in the U.S army some of the trades say "closed to women" which is pretty blunt and unfair.

Exactly.  From my own research prior to even going to the recruiting center, I was informed that women were fully integrated into every trade. I'm infantry.  It was an... old dinosaur (he's cool to me now, we talked maybe two weeks ago) I asked to speak with the female recruiter, who spent about 5 years infantry. But that's besides the point... :) I'm happy now. 

CDN Aviator said:
Nice to know you already assume people dont do their job.

Not to be an ***, but I dont have to assume that some people don't do their jobs properly...because I KNOW THEY DON'T. You clearly have a great deal of experience in the CF, so you are obviously aware that we as an organization have quite a lot of dead weight, shitpumps, and wannabe 9-5ers. If you challenge that fact, fly in to my loc some time and I will find you platoons worth of uselessness.

So a civilian in the recruitment process has every right to question their recruiters and the like. This isn't the 60's. Applicants are often educated, and ask questions. We need to have some people that are capable of helping them in civil and professional ways, or simply just give up now on rebuilding the CF.

Lets all just remember what this thread is about, the fact that we are all starting our course this July and that is a fantastic thing! I don't know about all of you but I am thankful for everyday I can spend in the Army and more specifically in the infantry and BMQ is where it all starts. Therefore, I am just thrilled to be starting very soon! That is what I think this thread should be about, connecting with other recruits on your same course. Lets forget about all the other stuff and deal with it when the time is right, right now however it is about the beginning of a great career!  :salute:  :cdn:

Well put CP Ill be glad to have that attitude transfer over to our course.

Hows everyone doing with their pre training, training???

Im kickin my own a** to be in shape and it still doesnt feel like enough but.....

Im sure they wont mind doing it for me ;D

haha sounds as though you are on the right track to prepare yourself for the course!
I have started to get up around 5:30 for my runs to slowly prep myself for the early morning PT, even though on course it will be more like 4:30 getting up haha.

Im doing a slow paced 4-5km in the morning, and a fast paced 3-4km in the afternoon.

So I run twice a day 6 days a week, and one long one on Sunday I also do my push ups, sit ups, and pull ups immediately following the runs.

I wish my times were better on the runs and I could keep a quicker pace but I think running in a group will make that easier, or maybe the group pace will be, to my surprise, slower than what I am expecting...

The other thing Ive been working on is shaving and making sure that my skin is used to every morning close shaves.
I wouldnt want to have that looming over me as well in the first couple weeks.

and I only got 11 days left so its time to kick it up a notch for crunch time whos with me!!!! :threat:

Hooah! Time to get serious about this it is going to be so good to get on course!  :salute:

kallan2105 said:
The other thing Ive been working on is shaving and making sure that my skin is used to every morning close shaves.
Funny you mention this, my brother has a buddy that keeps getting in  :threat:  for not shaving properly.

kallan2105 said:

This will be fun for me.. ive been the kind of guy to not shave for a week or so then do it when I feel like it.  :blotto:

yeah I dont know how accurate it is but I heard you can actually be fined if there is a repeat problem with your shaving.
can anyone confirm.

I figure it is safe to just get used to it now!!

Well I did part of my BMQ in the reserves and as far as I know yes you can be charged if you are not properly shaven. Yet that may just have been our instructors trying to scare us into shaving properly.

Just sworn in today, July 21st I start basic, see who ever is going there im on course 0174E I beleive I can get back to you on that.  :salute:

Back