• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

supra is also a skate shoe company... but on another note any of the july 27'th people willing to pitch in for a crappy weekend car?

I am bringing my car Lucas, but I'll likely be going home (Ottawa) weekends if I can.  Though I'm sure there will be the occasional weekend I'll stay behind.

Its getting down to the wire for my offer.

I was finally merit listed yesterday. The Captain told me that I should hopefully hear an offer within 1 week o so (Not holding my breath) But, I was once again re-assured there is still spots for Combat engineers in the 27th course. (Could be hearsay, or actual information)

still hoping I get to course with you folks. I'm just really excited that after all the pain and waiting, i'm finally that much closer!

Good luck to you all! I'm heading off now!
See you on the other side.

I Got My Call, as well, I am leavingon a flight in the morning at 0630 for BMQ starting July 6, 2009, See all of you there who will be in the same... Woo Hoo

Cooldevil789 said:
Its getting down to the wire for my offer.

I was finally merit listed yesterday. The Captain told me that I should hopefully hear an offer within 1 week o so (Not holding my breath) But, I was once again re-assured there is still spots for Combat engineers in the 27th course. (Could be hearsay, or actual information)

still hoping I get to course with you folks. I'm just really excited that after all the pain and waiting, i'm finally that much closer!

Not sure that it matters about what trade you are if you get on course or not.  On my course we have 0 combat engineers.

DPiper said:
Not sure that it matters about what trade you are if you get on course or not.  On my course we have 0 combat engineers.

Usually there will be a large number of certain Trades on one Crse, so that on graduation they can all move to their respective School and begin their Trades Training.  Most Trades Crses have 21 to 30 students.  Therefore, you may find 30 Cbt Engr hopefuls on a BMQ Crse.  Onezies and Twozies only put people into PAT/PRETC holding platoons.  That is relatively inefficient.

DPiper said:

It does matter.

Good afternoon everyone.

I just finished my swearing in ceremony today.  ;D I have to admit I woke up this morning with a sense of anxiety, and a jumble of nervous energy. Now I have an overwhelming sense of pride, loyalty, and accomplishment. If I'm feeling this good over the swearing in, I can't wait until October 30th for BMQ graduation.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person in a few short weeks.

edited for proper wording, and typo.

Anxiety------tell me about it.  My swearing in is thursday morning and it can't come soon enough.  These last few days before the swearing in is drivng me crazy.  I figure once the swearing in is done all will be in stone and  there is no turning back so I can start to really get ready for bmq.

Good luck Mack!

It's an amazing feeling, all the running around, and the extensive waiting will be at an end. I hope you're as elated after the ceremony as I am. See you in a few weeks!

congrats fuzzy.  My swearing in is in 8 days and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.  See you the 26th!

fuzzy806 said:
Good afternoon everyone.

I just finished my swearing in ceremony today.  ;D I have to admit I woke up this morning with a sense of anxiety, and a jumble of nervous energy. Now I have an overwhelming sense of pride, loyalty, and accomplishment. If I'm feeling this good over the swearing in, I can't wait until October 30th for BMQ graduation.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person in a few short weeks.

edited for proper wording, and typo.
mack333 said:
Anxiety------tell me about it.  My swearing in is thursday morning and it can't come soon enough.  These last few days before the swearing in is drivng me crazy.  I figure once the swearing in is done all will be in stone and  there is no turning back so I can start to really get ready for bmq.

"fuzzy806", congrats man, mack i know how you feel, ill be there on Thursday morning as well. I remember when i was counting down the days from 50 until my swearing in.... the last couple weeks have just flew right by. Im getting really excited to be in st. jean the 27'th will be the first day of the rest of my life. 

Did you receive a certificate or anything written that you had sworn in fuzzy?

Thanks every one, good luck with your ceremony. Lucas you do get a little certificate. I believe you have facebook, christopherjameshunt@gmail.com add me as a friend I have a copy in my profile along with a few pic's from the ceremony.

Just finished reading this thread,  figured I'd make a shout out to everyone else starting BMQ July 27th in St.Jean.  :salute:

Toad
Lil_T
fuzzy806
Gary D. in SK
mack333
Mighty W
scottM
lucasbutts
xxmixkexx

What trade did you guys sign up for? I went for infantry myself.
Also,  see you Thursday at the swear in "Mighty W".  I would assume we'll also be on the same flight to Quebec too considering we're both from Windsor.

Congrats Reaper!

I'm going RMS Clerk... pretty sure I'm the only one out of the group of us so far :D

_Reaper_ said:
Just finished reading this thread,  figured I'd make a shout out to everyone else starting BMQ July 27th in St.Jean.  :salute:

Edited for length,
Cheers _Reaper_, i'm going in to work towards being a combat engineer.

_Reaper_ said:
What trade did you guys sign up for? I went for infantry myself.
Also,  see you Thursday at the swear in "Mighty W".  I would assume we'll also be on the same flight to Quebec too considering we're both from Windsor.

I'll be there Thurs at 10am. U can't miss me I'm the great big redhead. What Infantry unit hired you? The PPCLI have decided to give me a try.

Mighty W said:
  I'll be there Thurs at 10am. U can't miss me I'm the great big redhead. What Infantry unit hired you? The PPCLI have decided to give me a try.

Interesting,  My swear in is at 13:30.  There must be two groups that day.  I'm pretty sure it was RCR who hired me. Reg Force

Back