• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 21st BMQ

FwuzzyWabbit said:
I'll put one up when I get home from work then, seeing there's an interest, will link it here.
have you been able to make that Facebook page yet FwuzzyWabbit?

WILLIAM_GARROW95 said:
have you been able to make that Facebook page yet FwuzzyWabbit?
Need to add a friend from my list to create it. If one of you wanna add me so I can make it pm me.

Here's another Joining the July 21 BMQ. Got my call 2 days ago for Boatswain and from the looks of it I'll be the older one so far at 30. So pumped to go.

Washy said:
Here's another Joining the July 21 BMQ. Got my call 2 days ago for Boatswain and from the looks of it I'll be the older one so far at 30. So pumped to go.

Congrats Washy!! Come join us in the group if you are interested :)

Im starting as well, NAV COMM. Washy Im am also an old fart at 30, and so far the only other Navy guy it seems... looking forward to it, can't wait to get my old ass whipped into shape !

Hopefully I get onto this platoon, spent the last 5 and a Half months in hotel CFLRS and would like to get out before the snow flies again

So I received my email and documents to fill out also the list of stuff I need to bring or buy at Canex. One question though for any or all of ya. The items listed with an "x"? Do I bring? Do I not bring? I didn't see any clarification on the pdf, maybe I just missed it.

Washy said:
So I received my email and documents to fill out also the list of stuff I need to bring or buy at Canex. One question though for any or all of ya. The items listed with an "x"? Do I bring? Do I not bring? I didn't see any clarification on the pdf, maybe I just missed it.

Depending on the context, it either means bring as much as you see fit, or bringing it is optional altogether.

For example, if you look at the portion of the table where it says "Civilian Clothing Men sufficient quantity for four days" and you look at the quantity requirement for socks (which says "x"), bring as much as you believe you'll need for four days. If you look at "Optional Items" and see  "Gray ball cap for summer (must be purchased at Canex)" which also lists "x" as the quantity requirement, I believe you can either buy it, or you can choose not to.

So from what I can tell (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like if there's an "x" beside something, it's either optional to bring or you decide how many you want to bring, depending on what it is. My advice would be to pack light, because I'm pretty sure we can't use the elevator and hauling a tonne of luggage up a staircase to whatever floor they put us on is gonna suck.

Bring sport socks, you'll need them for PT. You don't need a ball cap, my platoon didn't even but one at the canex. And yes, don't pack a lot, you'll have to carry it up several flights of stairs. You will also have to fit all of your civvy clothing and extra kit in civvy lock up.

My bmq ends on October 10th of this year. I am going in for infantry, does anyone here know the general waiting time from the time I finish bmq to the time I start infantry training? And if I will be flying home to edmonton after bmq or if I will fly straight to my posting?

Back