• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

k-rock edmonton supports our troops

camochick

Inactive
Reaction score
We saw this at a few places downtown. Edmonton has been great about supporting our troops. Thanks k-rock

Edmonton has always been a supporting city....must be nice.

Regards

Hey now, Petawawa/Pembroke are great supporting towns. After every Roto, all car dealerships mark-up stock 15% just in time for the troops.

GerryCan that's just wrong.  I think I'd make the trip to Ottawa.
I don't think she should be in radio.  I also thought that was for ugly people. 
Good on Edmonton.

I love Edmonton.  :) I saw that billboard on my way to work one morning and had to take Camochick to see it as soon as I could. It has to be the coolest billboard I have seen. I have seen 3 of them around Edmonton so far. Kudos to K-rock Edmonton for being so supportive of the troops!

Supporting the troops is one thing Edmonton does well.

When we got back from A'stan in 2002, there were firetrucks, police, and people lining the route from the International airport to the base. Yellow ribbons were tied onto anything that stood still long enough, and everyone had signs and was waving and cheering. The EPS blocked the whole route to the base too, so it was a 35 minute drive! It was quite the welcome!

I cannot think of a better city to be posted to, every time you turn around you see another yellow ribbon sticker on cars, and most people seem very appreciative and supportive of us.

Go I remember that in 2002...all the dealerships along 97th also had all the yellow cars parked out in their lots on display.  It definatly was something for the guys to be proud of when they came home.  My husband was very proud and overwhelmed when he saw all of it.

I saw the billboard the other day...good on k-rock for showing their support!

Elisha

GerryCan said:
Hey now, Petawawa/Pembroke are great supporting towns. After every Roto, all car dealerships mark-up stock 15% just in time for the troops.

I get the feeling most of ontario would be happier if we jsut didnt have a military... at least the GTA..... and hamilton.

I was on advance party when we were starting to close down Calgary. From Day 1, Edmonton has been top notch to us. From that huge sign that used to be on the highway coming into town (now posted just outside of the base) welcoming our military families to the list of businesses giving discounts getting longer every month.

Don't know if we are going to end up back out west or not once we are done in Kingston, but I certainly won't complain if it's back to Edmonton. (and no provincial sales tax is kinda nice also)

Heh, makes my decision as to which base I would like to be posted even harder to make.... Good to see the support! There should be more of that in Ontario, there was a small piece on it the other day on A-Channel though.

Piper said:
Hope the LdSH (RC) has some openings (assuming my transfer goes through). Edmonton seems like a nice city for the CF. Probably because it's so far away from Ontario, and especially Toronto.

Mmmm.....far away from Ontario. I can almost taste the smog free air and lack of birkenstocks.  ;D

Be some funny if they posted you to the RCD.....    ;D

Regards

Just thought we would give ya'll a heads up that Camochick and I will be on K-Rock on Tuesday, May 2nd at 0800 or so. We both wrote e-mails to K-Rock telling them we loved their billboard and thanked them for supporting the Troops. They called her this morning and asked about coming on the show. Tune in.  ;D  :cdn:

Pea said:
Camochick and I will be on K-Rock on Tuesday, May 2nd at 0800 or so.

Uh oh....  :eek: 

Now, are you two going to be part of the morning zoo, or are you there for K-Rock's Babe of the Day;)

For those vaguely familiar with technology, K-Rock podcasts  http://www.k-rock973.com/index.asp?CP=BBAR1  Hopefully, non-Edmontonians will be able to listen in.

I believe that link to listen live will work all over. My Mom gave it a shot in northern AB and she said it worked for her.

haha JM. Nope, not there for Babes of the day... Camochick and I will be on our best behaviour as we are there to show Support for the Troops.

Pea said:
Camochick and I will be on our best behaviour ....

Now there's a relative term.  >:D        I'm looking forward to it  :)

Back