• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kits

Sh0rtbUs

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I was simply wondering, what EXACTLY is a Canadian Infantry Soldier issued? Im looking for the exact details on the kit, or as close as possible. Are you given a choice as to what is in your kit, and what do you get to bring off base (if anything)?

Im sure many of you guys/gals will be able to answer this one no sweat..

What do you mean by ‘bring off base‘? Like a walking-out dress?

Curious topic.

I mean, the program im in..is I live on base, and every friday night at 11 I can go home, as long as Im back on monday...and Im wondering will they make me leave all my sh!t at the Armoury, or do i have the option to lug it home over my weekend?

Why haul around kit if you don‘t have to?

I‘m sure you‘ll be able to take your laundry home ;)

like i said..curious. Is there 1 standard uniform, or are we given a "class A" uniform or w/e its called, as well as training gear like camo n such? Im just very curious...since I‘ve never seemed to be able to get a straight answer out of anyone

You get so much kit it would take forever to explain every piece. But some examples are: helmet, ruck, webbing, groundsheet,bivvy bag, sleeping bag (inner,outer),goggles,combats,fleece,thermals, boots (2), mukluks,parka, NBC gear,etc (These are just a fraction of the kit you get). Anymore questions just email me.

four pairs of boots, actually. Two regular combat boots and two goretex.

Hey shortbus, you‘re talking about weekend bmq right? I have a friend of mine on that now, maybe i can answer some of your questions.

1. yes you have to take everything home then bring it back the next time you train.

2. basically, you‘re issued alot of stuff (as Danny said), 3 sets of combats, 2 pair boots, sleeping gear, rucksack, webbing, and much much (much) more. And then some. The green will take over your room!

3. You don‘t get DEUs (those fancy-shmancy dress uniforms) till after a year in in the reserves. Still waiting for the rest of mine.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

hey thanx. Its a Reserve Co-Op Program i got into, so I take my BMQ from Monday to Friday..and get school credits for it. Pretty sweet deal if ya ask me! :D my question has pretty much been answered!

I wish I knew about that co-op program. That would have made high school a lot more interesting.

Originally posted by Pte. Bloggins:
[qb] Hey shortbus, you‘re talking about weekend bmq right? I have a friend of mine on that now, maybe i can answer some of your questions.

1. yes you have to take everything home then bring it back the next time you train.

2. basically, you‘re issued alot of stuff (as Danny said), 3 sets of combats, 2 pair boots, sleeping gear, rucksack, webbing, and much much (much) more. And then some. The green will take over your room!

3. You don‘t get DEUs (those fancy-shmancy dress uniforms) till after a year in in the reserves. Still waiting for the rest of mine.

If you have any questions feel free to email me. [/qb]
It‘s about time!!!! :mad:

When I joined in 76 all‘s we got was 1 set of Combat‘s + boot‘s.
1 set of C.F‘s(dress uniform) + boot‘s and that was all! :eek:

I was on my dump course with 3Fd. Sqn. (1C.E.R.)in 77 when we had a Snow Ball,it was around late November early December.

Me and Bud‘s turn up sans kit!

Needless to say it whent over like a lead Balloon!
Untill we explained we don‘t get issued it.

We escaped the 4 day‘s of over night camping but ended up as bridge storemen,returning back to the Wack at night and driving back out to the Skagit for the Bailey tear down and rebuild at another site.(Skagit Valley,east of Chilliwack in the Mountain‘s)

Just a note for you youngn‘s,take care of your Kit and it will take care of you!
No matter if you like it our not as some of it or all will come in handy at some time or place with in your career‘s.
Just some advice from an old fart.

You get gortex only after your basic. And Spr Earl is right as usual, you never know when you‘ll need a piece of kit so treat it all well.

I allways take my kit home, dont trust ppl. Had a chance to leave it at my Armoury, this week, and last, but dragged it in my little car, and took it home. means i gotta bring it again, but oh well.

its safe now.

Originally posted by Robert KM:
[qb] I allways take my kit home, dont trust ppl. Had a chance to leave it at my Armoury, this week, and last, but dragged it in my little car, and took it home. means i gotta bring it again, but oh well.

its safe now. [/qb]
Robbie,Make sure you put your last 3 of your service # on all your kit plus you Surname!! ;)

Doesn‘t stop ppl from stealing it. Everything of mine is Marked. 3 years in and I See if somebody missing something, they will aquire it. Doesn‘t matter from who..

One reason you dont leave your kit unattended, even when your doing laundry. :)

Two pairs of gortex? At my unit we are only issued 1 pair. I‘m pretty sure thats the policy in LFAA anyway.

yeah.. i thought so too..

anyways..
i‘m sure that all soldiers have the "Shiny Kit Syndrome" If it‘s new, and shiny, i want it!!!

Back