• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Krispy Kreme or Tim Hortons?

uncle-midget-boyd said:
Any of you folk who drive past Windsor on the 101, drop by to say 'hi,' it gets boring for the bakers after Christmas.

Midget

I have stopped in there several times on trips to and from NB. Hehe.

I gotta stick with Tim Horton's, although I have NEVER tried a Starbucks or McDonalds coffee.. So maybe I should try one. No McDonalds or SB around here though, we are lucky to have a Timmie's in a community of 1000 people. But all in all, I should probably NOT drink coffee ha.. 2 XL a day already.. I can see the caffeine monster I will become 20 years down the road..

Hales! said:
Just reading through this is giving me massive donut withdrawl's! I'd prefer Tim Hortons (this is corny) for the memories of Canada but Krispy Kremes may have to suffice, if i can find it. I NEED A DONUT THOUGH!

Ask us nicely and we might send you a can or two  ;D , as for donuts that might be harder.

NFLD Sapper said:
Ask us nicely and we might send you a can or two  ;D , as for donuts that might be harder.

I got a half-triwall of doughnuts shipped from Trenton to Baden, Germany when I was there for the base closure.  ;D
The glazed ones don't fare so well.  :-\

It is good to have friends in Tim Horton's though. During school years we would get all the day old donuts for free and use them at school for little parties and such. (I believe this was back in the 'old' donut method that they had)  ;D

PMedMoe said:
I got a half-triwall of doughnuts shipped from Trenton to Baden, Germany when I was there for the base closure.  ;D
The glazed ones don't fare so well.  :-\

You still ate them though, right? All that trouble and you can't let those poor things go to waste.  ;D

Just a quick correction folks. For those who think the "chemical swill" that Tims serves is coffee, all I can say is that you have never really had a cup of coffee!

Plus I don't eat doughnuts. So my answer would be neither, they're both shyte!

Mcdonalds for a quick fix, I find the coffee there better than Tim's, specialty coffee shops do offer the best brew though.  I guess sandwiches are ok at (which would be the only good thing there) Tim Hortons, but the local Safeway deli makes by far the best sandwiches around.

Everything else is subpar at Tim Hortons.

Marshall said:
You still ate them though, right? All that trouble and you can't let those poor things go to waste.  ;D

Yes, everyone did eat them, but basically they were plain doughnuts swimming in a pool of glaze.  :D

PMedMoe said:
Yes, everyone did eat them, but basically they were plain doughnuts swimming in a pool of glaze.  :D

yummmm  :-\

PMedMoe said:

Soggy goodness.

The best coffee is the stuff I mix and grind in my home. The next best is Star Bucks coffee. drink it black, that way you can enjoy the true flavour of coffee. I agree that timmies is swill at the best of times.

ArmyRick said:
The best coffee is the stuff I mix and grind in my home. The next best is Star Bucks coffee. drink it black, that way you can enjoy the true flavour of coffee. I agree that timmies is swill at the best of times.

Seems a lot of people do not like Timmie's.. I always thought Tim Horton's controlled the world.. Guess I will have to go coffee hunting at MacDonald's and a Starbucks if I ever find one. :D

starbucks_cup.jpg

ArmyRick said:

I also buy and grind my own beans but haven't ventured into making any personal blends yet. Most of the beans I get are from Sumatra or Ethiopia and make an absolutely amazing drink!

I never drank timmies until I came to Kandahar (now its a regular thing).

However after being in the bakery.....I dont think I'll eat a donut again.

Catalyst said:
I never drank timmies until I came to Kandahar (now its a regular thing).

However after being in the bakery.....I dont think I'll eat a donut again.

From overdose or repulsion?

PMedMoe said:
I don't mind Tim's but I certainly don't drink as much of it as I used to.  I agree, the line-ups are usually ridiculous and the service slow.  The one closest to me here in Ottawa is busy and their coffee tastes burnt (bet they don't abide by that 20 minute rule during "rush" hour  ::) ).

I make coffee and have a cup at home before heading out to work.  I used to bring one with me but I find it's cold by the time I get there, even in a travel mug, so I stopped for the winter.  On Fridays, my "treat" is to stop at Second Cup and get a Vanilla Bean Latte.   ;D

I also agree that McDonald's coffee is much better since they've changed it and their coffee and muffin deal is pretty good!

During a rush, ur lucky if a pot last longer than 5 minutes..... We're starting to follow the coffee rule now, before we didnt care enough, plus, we viewed the 20 minutes rule as a bit of a gimmick. Theyre cracking down on it too. But many people dont realize how hard is on people there, theres a reason the "For Hire" signs are always up

Marshall said:
It is good to have friends in Tim Horton's though. During school years we would get all the day old donuts for free and use them at school for little parties and such. (I believe this was back in the 'old' donut method that they had)  ;D

We can get fired for that, but the cameras at my store havent been checked in a while

thought of one more donut I liked.... the chocolate snowflake (with the cake icing in the middle) desperately unhealthy but soo yummy

Proud_Newfoundlander said:
We can get fired for that, but the cameras at my store havent been checked in a while

The person does not work there anymore, but I did not know that was not allowed  :eek:

Back