• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Language training

skip12

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to know if it possible to do the navy basic course and the Boatswain course at Halifax in the french language ? Or, will I go to the language school for improve my English for my job ?

skip12 said:
Hi,
I would like to know if it possible to do the navy basic course and the Boatswain course at Halifax in the french language ? Or, will I go to the language school for improve my English for my job ?

If at the time of enrolment, your declared "French" as your primary language, then all your training will/should be conducted in French as long as it is available.  You might wait a bit longer and if that's the case, then you can always improve on your English skills and will be given the opportunity to do so. 

Kind of a pain but you're still getting paid!    :)

There's always far more English training available than French. Ask your chain of command after basic and they can help you get signed up.

PuckChaser said:
There's always far more English training available than French. Ask your chain of command after basic and they can help you get signed up.

In some cases Francophone candidates are sent immediately on language training upon graduation from Basic, before being sent to their Trade courses.  It is also an option offered to some when there is a long wait for their Trade courses to begin.

Back