• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leafs finally break losing streak.

c.jacob

Inactive
Reaction score
Well The Toronto Maple Leafs finally won against the Florida Panthers after an 8 game losing streak.  What changes do you think should be made to the team?

GO LEAFS GO :king:

Move the team to Winnipeg, call them the Jets.

Maybe then the fans in TO would appreciate what they got.
Then the rest of the country could go on cheering for the other better Canadian hockey.

BTW, did you guys hear that Harry Neal said if Toronto and Montreal don't make the playoffs most Canadian fans won't have a team to cheer for....

Don't repeat that west of Thunder Bay.

Armymedic said:
Don't repeat that west of Thunder Bay.

yes you just might get some arguments from Vancouver and Calgary and maybe one day again Edmonton's star will rise once again.

Armymedic said:
BTW, did you guys hear that Harry Neal said if Toronto and Montreal don't make the playoffs most Canadian fans won't have a team to cheer for....

Pretty bold statement considering how well Ottawa is doing this season.

I'm a Habs fan myself no matter how bad or good they are doing . I think that if Canada has a hope in winning the cup this year . It will be with Ottawa they have had an amazing season .  As for what changes Toronto can make I really don't know but after 30 years of not winning a cup. I almost feel like they have been cursed or something so I almost fell sorry for them almost LOL

As a long time Leaf fan I have to finally admit something that I have known for years..........why would the Leafs change anything??? They sell out everygame no matter what their record is, they strive for mediocrity and we love them.

Go Leafs Go!!!!!

Wow. They beat Florida. Better get Young St. ready for the parade. ::)

I can't stand Toronto but who was out - Lindros, McCabe, Tucker? I think that may have been the problem. Tucker missed how many games and he was still the leading the Leafs in goals. McCabe has 49 points. Lindros was playing really well but you knew he was bound to get hurt somehow. At least it was his wrist and not another concussion. Isn't Domi's shoulder a mess or something? He usually fires them up. I say wait it out....

For those who mentioned Ottawa - sure they are good. As long as Hasek is healthy. Emery has stunk in his last couple of starts!

What will Leaf fans think if they don't even make the playoffs and the Sens win the Cup??  >:D

Go Sens Go!!

Also, there is going to be another CF appreciation night at the Corel Centre (or whatever they're calling it now) in early March. I won't be back in time, but watch for a picture of me and other Canadian with a Go Sens Go poster on top of a old T-55 on the jumbotron.

Scotiabank Place

its not what the fans are going to do, they'll find every other Canadian team to cheer for.
The question should be
If Montreal and Toronto don't make the playoffs, what will CBC and HNiC do, they will have to leave home for more then a day?

The Leafs are playing in Florida again tonight but this time it's Tampa Bay.  Hopefully we'll see a repeat of last night.  I think the Corel centre is now the Scotia Bank Place.

The article from last night
http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=panthers-leafs060130&showbyline=True

Pat Quinns thoughts on the loss against Montreal
http://video.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?t=c333&f=37/81&p=ENCAhockey_ENCAbehindthebench

I still call it the Palladium!

I also call the Renegades the Rough Riders...  ;D

Jacob said:
The Leafs are playing Florida again tonight.  Hopefully we'll see a repeat of last night.  I think the Corel centre is now the Scotia Bank Place.

The article from last night
http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=panthers-leafs060130&showbyline=True

Pat Quinns thoughts on the loss against Montreal
http://video.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?t=c333&f=37/81&p=ENCAhockey_ENCAbehindthebench

Tampa Bay Lightning tonight. Quarenteed win night for the Leafs!

Go LEAFS Go!~

Mike,
the only guarantee with the Leafs,

Is that their fans will neither shut up about them,
nor ever cheer for better hockey teams, which right now is every other Canadian based hockey team in the NHL.

Armymedic, agreed.

But the parading the cup up Elgin Street would go a long way to making their bleating less noticeable!

Armymedic said:
Mike,

nor ever cheer for better hockey teams, which right now is every other Canadian based hockey team in the NHL.

Easy Ashley, you are sounding quite jealous!

Armymedic said:
Mike,

Like 2023 said.  No matter how bad they're doing people will still love them.  If the Leafs didn't have fan loyalty there would be alot of empty seats in the Air Canada Centre.

The leafs are doomed because of undying fan base to never win a cup.  they sell out every game and they always get tv righst over other better teams like ottawa, so really the management has no need to change the way things are gone.  I'm not a leafs fan so this works for me, but part of me would like the leafs to do better so the cup can stay in canada more often.  With NHL fully based in the US now I doubt any new teams will be start North of 49th and any canadian team that does fold it be bought and sold south of border before any one here knows they're folding.

The Leafs lost in a shootout tonight.  I guess last night's win was a tease

Back