• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leaving Children For Training, Etc. -Merged

Ummm... these are questions you really shoulda been asking to the recruiting people...

If you are Franco, then I can almost guarantee you that you will be posted to a place in Quebec
If you are Anglo, then I can almost guarantee you that you will not be posted to Quebec.... but, you will be posted to the place the CF needs you the most.... be it BC or Newfoundland.

Would you be given relocation assistance - you betcha

How often will you be in a position to see your family... pert much any night you have your PC & camera fired up... but, seriously, you will have the oportunity to go visit.... at your expense, once your course is over... or when your course gives you some time off.... at your expense.

geo said:
If you are Franco, then I can almost guarantee you that you will be posted to a place in Quebec

Not so fast Geo.

When i joined there were 23 of us who graduted our QL3 in Chilliwack and all of us were francophone. 10 of us went to Petawawa, 1 stayed in Chilliwack, 1 went to Gagetown and the rest to Valcartier. When i was at 1 CER we got a few franco guys gets posted in. 2 that i have in mind were so franco we had to send them to english language trainin just so that i could stop having to translate every O group.

Being franco doesnt guarantee a posting to la belle province.

I do believe that almost a guarantee is the best way to say it....

I would also say, bet on it.

Never said it was guaranteed.... Note how I skillfully inserted that catch all "almost" 8)

There is and will continue to be the "needs of the service".  So, even if the language issue isn't a perfect fit, you might have to be sent there - cause of larger holes to fill in one unit VS another.

Battlefront vs. homefront: What happens to kids when parents go to war?
Coming up on Your Voice, TVO's Web-TV series for parents

TVO news release, 28 Oct 08
News release link

When the men and women of Canada's armed forces are deployed to conflict zones, what battles do their loved ones - kids, spouses and families - face on the homefront? On Remembrance Day, Tuesday
November 11, 2008 at 9 pm ET at www.tvoparents.com, Your Voice, TVO's Web-TV series for parents, presents a special Remembrance Day edition taped at Canadian Forces Base Petawawa that offers unique insight as to how kids and families cope with the everyday, challenging realities of being left behind.

Children of soldiers deployed in Afghanistan must deal with long separations and the fear and anxiety of losing their parents. Your Voice goes on the road for the first time ever to CFB Petawawa to hear about life from the inside of a military family when a parent goes to war. What is it like for the children and spouses of soldiers? Host Cheryl Jackson will talk with parents, kids, psychologists and teachers. Guests include:

<<
    -  Charmaine Tedford, who lost her husband, Sgt. Darcy Tedford, in
      Afghanistan in October 2006.
She talks about the pressures of single
      parenthood following her husband's deployment and how she and her
      daughters came to terms with his death.

-  Michelle Belec, a children's deployment support program coordinator at
      the Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
, an organization that
      supports individuals and families within the military community. Belec
      does critical incident training and works directly with kids and
      teachers.

-  Veletia Richards, a teacher at Pinecrest Public School on the base in
      Petawawa.
Richards has two school-age daughters and her husband served
      in Afghanistan for eight months last year.
    >>

Parents can share their experiences on this topic with other parents in the chatroom at www.tvoparents.com. (The program will be repeated on TVO on Sunday November 16, 2008 at 6 pm.)

For interviews or for more information, please contact TVO Communications.

About TVO

TVO is Ontario's public educational media organization and a trusted source of interactive educational content that informs, inspires and stimulates curiosity and thought. TVO's vision is to empower people to be engaged citizens of Ontario through educational media.

For further information: Media Contacts: Angela Garde, (416) 484-2600 ext. 2305, agarde@tvo.org; Anne Rubenstein, (416) 484-2881, arubenstein@tvo.org

http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/tvoparents/index.cfm?page_id=483&event_id=1945&sitefolder=tvoparents

When Mom or Dad Goes to War
How do children of soldiers cope? A special presentation from CFB Petawawa, near Ottawa. 11 Nov 2008 9:00 PM

A show which was filmed at CFB Petawawa a couple of weeks ago. It's going live to the net on Remembrance Day at 9 p.m. ET and then will air on TVO the following Sunday at 6 p.m. The internet show is viewable anywhere in the world. Viewers can go to www.tvoparent.com/yourvoice to watch on Tuesday or afterward in archives.

dileas

tess

Back