• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Legion of Frontiersman (Split) Twenty Seven Amazing Facts From the PPCLI History

The Rifleman

Inactive
Reaction score
Here in the UK there is a quasi military organisation called the "Legion of Frontiermen" who claim to have provided a significant number of the men for the first draft of the PPCLI - can anyone verify this?

Can anyone tell me what a VP button is? The LoF here in the UK tend to wear as many badges, buttons and medals as possible so i bet they are champing at the bit to get this (it obviously means a great deal to the PPCLII) - we have a problem with this pretend military organisation turning up at Remembrance Parades wearing a multitude of self awarded medals that give the impression to the general public that they are battle hardened vets.

here is another Legion of Frontiersman, "General" Donnelly, wearing as many para wings as possible and an SAS stable belt

That is hilarious. I see at least six sets of wings on the man's chest. Looks like one at the most might be from a legitimate military organization. I know the LOF has its own wings it likes to hand out (in addition to dozens of fake medals). Overseas they call these guys "walts".

According to Bob Zubkowski in his book there were only "35" Legion of Frontiersmen accepted in the original draft of the PPCLI. The remainder failled mostly on medical grounds. Further, Mr. Zubkowski has a wealth of PPCLI history including Canada's "Billy the Kid" I confirmed this on Saturday with a personal interview with the author. Anyone wishing further information on this matter can myself  by PM and I will pass on the authors contact information.

Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) the UK site comparable to Army.ca has a long and hillarious thread devoted to these guys.

Currently, The Legion of Frontiersmen are tasked in the War on Terror to provide  crossing guards in Surrey, BC....I am serious they provide crossing guards!

Noneck

noneck said:
Currently, The Legion of Frontiersmen are tasked in the War on Terror to provide crossing guards in Surrey, BC....I am serious they provide crossing guards!

Wouldn't the fluorescent orange cross belts and vest clash with their capes and other parts of the uniform?  8)

I belonged to this "Organization" just quit recently over their inflexibility to change from uniforms to blazers and slacks.

This organization does have some good people in the "Ranks" but all in all the Orgaization and it's "Officers" are for the most part a joke !

Cheerz
Paul

Me thinks I put my foot in my mouth.......naaaah it is still too funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sorry Dodger...but Im glad you came to your senses.

Currently, The Legion of Frontiersmen are tasked in the War on Terror to provide crossing guards in Surrey, BC....I am serious they provide crossing guards!

I wouldn’t be so quick to laugh, crossing guards face real dangers! How many of you have ever been faced with a heard of junior kindergarten kids hopped up on a sugar high? Why those little crumb crushers can do you a real injury! My hat is off to the Legion of funny err, that is, Frontiersmen and their stop signs! ;D

This organization does have some good people in the "Ranks" but all in all the Orgaization and it's "Officers" are for the most part a joke !

It's strangely comforting to see that there is balance in the universe; even in 'coo-coo for cocopuffs' land, all the military's problems are because of those pesky officers  ;D

Journeyman said:
It's strangely comforting to see that there is balance in the universe; even in 'coo-coo for cocopuffs' land, all the military's problems are because of those pesky officers   ;D

If this keeps up I will need oxygen +1 Journeyman :rofl: :rofl:

This is an e-mail reply that I recieved after contacting the PPCLI historian:

After some fairly extensive research, we have come across the following information:

1:  our records indicate that only 1 man listed the L of F as previous military service; and this only on the register of recruits.  His attestation papers do not list him as a member of the L of F although the Legion is officially deemed to be an Auxiliary Branch of British Military Intelligence as of 1906.

2:  Of the possible 85 recruits that the L of F list as recruits to the PPCLI, none that we have uncovered record the L of F as previous military service in either their attestation paper or on the register of recruits.

3:  The insignia of the Armed Forces is a crown copyright, and it is not up to the Regiment who can use it's insignia or not, but up to the DND. The DND is not in the habit of allowing other organizations to use it's copyright insignia.

This issue has been dealt with on numerous occasions on the past., I have paperwork from the L of F going back more than 10 years requesting basically the same thing. 

I hope that this answers you questions.  Our archives are always available to you if you wish to confirm any of our findings.

Sincerely,

Sgt Graham, BA
PPCLI Archives
The Military Museums
4520 Crowchild Trail SW
Calgary AB
T2T 5J4
403 974-2867
e-mail: archives@ppcli.com

Christ, you guys still talking about this totally useless organization, which I used to belong to !

I left it because I saw the writing on the wall, I'd banged my head against the wall with their leadership, begging them to switch to tie and blaser and loose the paramilitary look. The British Military will in all likelyhood soon act against this organization.

Check out ARRSE, the LoF are really upsetting the lot over there. ARRSE is the British Army Rumour Service !

Cheers
Paul

Here is the link to the LOF thread on ARRSE

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=8811.html

ensure you have lots of time it is quite long but very funny at times

:salute:

Back