• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leopard 2A4M CAN conversion available

GINge!

Reaction score
Available from Y-Modelle out of Germany. Kit is designed for the 1/35 Hobbyboss Leopard 2A4 kit. This one does not have the barracuda cam net, so I don't think it can depict an in-service tank.

http://shop.y-modelle.de/umbausatz-leopard-2-a4m-canada-p-438.html

Price is around 41 Euros with another 10 for shipping. Y-Modelle is the same company commissioned by KMW to make the die-cast presentation tanks to the first LdSH(RC) crew, so I'm going to assume that they were given good access to technical drawings and that this would be an accurate conversion.

There's supposed to be a couple more 2A4M due out, both will have the cuda cam moulded in.

That's the A6M variant. Nice kit!

Dear Santa....
                        I have been a very good boy...

;D

Looks like there will be a couple more companies doing the 2A4M CAN. No pics yet, but I think both will have the cuda cam moulded in.

I would not be surprised if Hobbyboss released their 2A4 kit with a couple new sprues to bring it to 2A4M CAN spec.

Leopard slat armour set..
From www.eduard.cz/

Catalogue #:  BIG3561

No pictures on the site. But this site has a few pictures of it.

Sure looks pretty sweet,
Regards,
TN2IC

GINge! said:
That's for the Leopard 2A6M. Won't work for the 2A4M.

Only the rear hull slats are required for the A4M.

They looked different last time I checked. Different departure angles and the rear hull on A4 has the dual folding step ladders. I'd wait and see what the market comes up with before plonking down the $ on a A6 set that I'd throw 80% of away.

GINge! said:
They looked different last time I checked. Different departure angles and the rear hull on A4 has the dual folding step ladders. I'd wait and see what the market comes up with before plonking down the $ on a A6 set that I'd throw 80% of away.

The rear ladders were a field mod made in theater. Some were made from chain and a bar welded together that looked like a miniature swing.

Regards

Ah, I didn't know the 2A6 had ad-hoc rear ladders. I was referring to the OEM ones installed on the 2A4's.

O/T - has there been any talk among the black hatters about renaming them C3 and/or C4 or C3A1 etc?

GINge! said:
Ah, I didn't know the 2A6 had ad-hoc rear ladders. I was referring to the OEM ones installed on the 2A4's.

That's why they are on the A4 straight from the factory. Field mod on Leo 2A6 that was made into standard kit. There are also ladders on either side on the  Leo 2A6 as well, right next to the front fenders. If they weren't there, the crew couldn't mount quickly and that's not good when you're out and about in Panjwaii or Zhari.

O/T - has there been any talk among the black hatters about renaming them C3 and/or C4 or C3A1 etc?

It will be known as Leo 2A4 or Leo 2A6. Probably shortened to training panzer and Ops panzer though by guys that crew them.

Regards

I'm already began a Hobby Boss/ PSM Leo2A6 in resin with the Barracuda kit and the upgrade kit, Eduard slat PE kit, Bronco "workable"track.

Going to be one hell of a build. I'll be starting the full build in a few weeks.

Regards

Back