• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leopards for sale.

12alfa

Welcome C Sqn Tanker!

Heard that we are sellimg the Leo's for 15 grand from 3 persons now, reportly to Chile.
Paid (what was the price?) 366 million for the turrets and upgrades.

Is the RCAC dead, not yet, but more of this will not help.

Same poop, different day!

Have a source for that 12Alpha? I kinda doubt it with all the political turmoil and human rights issues Chile has had over the years we would sell MBTs to them. The Opposition would crucify the Liberals if they did. I could be wrong but I am very skeptical.

I have heard through the rumour net that there are a few countries sniffing around on the possibility of picking up the Leo's once MGS is here and they go "on the market"?

I have not heard of any definite names on who might be interested.

I want one for the front of the new armouries here. Or a cougar... or an Iltis? :'(

Ex-Dragoon said:
Have a source for that 12Alpha? I kinda doubt it with all the political turmoil and human rights issues Chile has had over the years we would sell MBTs to them. The Opposition would crucify the Liberals if they did. I could be wrong but I am very skeptical.

One was from a friend, the other two were from a news reports, both not from Canada, one UK and the other south America vis defence news groups. But when I moved my laptop from work to the house (which I never do) I lost all my e-mails. I can only thank Mr Gates....again!

I'll try to get the e-mails back.

The only serious offer was indeed from Chile, although I have heard no dollar amounts. 

They were only refused because they wanted all 114 tanks now, not after the MGS was fielded. 

Interesting...will have to check Janes when I go back to work on Monday.

That is the same thing we heard here in ontario and some friends in alberta.  $15 000 each for chille.  What does the pruce matter they will never pay anyways it will be written off as aid.  On second thought i have $15000 can i write a personal cheque and have the panzer delivered to my home? 

cplarf said:
That is the same thing we heard here in ontario and some friends in alberta.   $15 000 each for chille.   What does the pruce matter they will never pay anyways it will be written off as aid.   On second thought i have $15000 can i write a personal cheque and have the panzer delivered to my home?  

have a look on ebay!

Alex

Step one: the Regimental associations raise the money
Step two: The Leopards are purchased (1 tp/RCAC regiment) for the "historical troop"
Step three: You do your re-enacmants during Stalward Guardian

a_majoor said:
Step one: the Regimental associations raise the money
Step two: The Leopards are purchased (1 tp/RCAC regiment) for the "historical troop"
Step three: You do your re-enacmants during Stalward Guardian

I think you could be on to something there. Next step have the RCHA association "acquire" a few M-109s for their ahem "historical re-enactments."

Isn't that how the reserves got to keep their M4E8's? Bought by one of the generals out of his own pocket.

I'm up for buying a couple of Troops worth and starting up one of those "Off Road Adventure" Clubs.  Anyone got the cash?

We could purchase some land outside Ottawa or Toronto and advertise "Adventure Leadership Weekends" to the Large Conglomerates.  The thunder and roar of those diesel engines flayling through the mud....Can't you just see the Promo Video now?  Maybe DND will give us a long-term contract to train 'Tankers' so they won't have to tarnish their "Peacekeeper" Public Image.  ;D

Sounds good George.

So we all going to have an army.ca Lotto Super Seven or 6/49 pool now to raise the cash?  ;D

Heard that we are sellimg the Leo's for 15 grand from 3 persons now, reportly to Chile.
Paid (what was the price?) 366 million for the turrets and upgrades.
This really true? I saw a contract request from the Canadian government on merx.com about 5 months ago taking bids for the dismantling of the Leo's. I am afraid I can't relocate the bid, but I am positive I did see it.   I assumed it was the government's intentions to scrap them after I saw that. Don't know, maybe they changed their mind.

Heck, if they are selling the leos for that price, I'll take one. All my traffic problems getting to work would be solved :D

"Maybe DND will give us a long-term contract to train 'Tankers' so they won't have to tarnish their "Peacekeeper" Public Image. "

Goerge, you just might be onto your retirement plan here:  If we can hire 'retired' pilots as 'rentajets' with their own jets, and Calian can supply COB (Civilians on the Battlefield) for an exercise, why not hire re-enactors with just slightly obsolete armour?  We had re-enactors to Pet in 83 for the 8 CH 135 birthday, and they drove in the auditorium with working Bren gun carriers  mounting blank firing Vickers guns. 

How's your credit rating, George? ;D

TCBF  are you related to Gordon Fall ? He was a gunner in the RCHA now lives in NB.

15 grand? Please tell me that they arent seeling tank at 15 grand a piece, you can buy a fricken civic for that price! What the hell is the goverment gonna do with only 1 700 000$? I mean really 366 million dollars worth of  upgrades and we wanna sell that short? I dont get it ...
UBIQUE!!!!

Does anyone have any further information on how to find links to these Leopards and I am told some M113's as well as Cougars that are supposedly being sold. I have friends that are very interested in placing serious bids on these or similar military heavy equipment that comes up for sale.

I searched through the link below but could not find the Leo's or any other heavy vehicle. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  :)

Tony

Don't write down the Leos anytime soon.  We will need at least 66 of those agony wagons at until 2010, I bet.

Tom

Back