• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Letter to the Editor Re: Canada's Role in the Fight Against ISIS

Loachman said:
Do you mean before the missile detonates? That would tend to sully the jumper's reputation somewhat, no?

There are defensive measures.

Might earn the pilot a new call sign like "Eeek!" or "Flinch".

What a bad day you'd be having if you got shot down by a SAM and your ejection seat failed...I would be wondering if I was aiming high for a decent canopy at that point.  :(

8)

s2184 said:
Today I saw two different news items related to ISIS & Canada.

1- Canada's first air strike against ISIS target
2- Iraq commander said Our Fighter Jets are vulnerable for enemy attacks

My question is what are the options available for our pilots in case of the jet being attacked by missile? Just jump out of the plane?

I read couple of books talking about POWs in WWII. I cannot imagine what if ISIS captures our pilots? Are the Canadian public really mentally prepared to see the outcomes if they go bad?

I hope everyone of our brave men & women return home safely.

I would be more worried if one of our Aurora's goes down over bad guy territory, it would be difficult to rescue the entire crew. I am assuming the US have their PJ's teams handy? 

Colin P said:
I would be more worried if one of our Aurora's goes down over bad guy territory, it would be difficult to rescue the entire crew. I am assuming the US have their PJ's teams handy?

I would imagine that CSAR was one of the first considerations for the coalition, but that's just me. 

Back