• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lincoln and Welland Recruiting in 2013?

Vanguard48

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello. I was hoping I could get some advice and insight from any members on this forum that are part of the Lincoln and Welland Regiment in the Niagara Region of Ontario. Any advice from forum mentors or users as well would greatly be appreciated. Any news is good news.

To save a very long story short I really am deadset and wanting to become a member of the Infantry Reserves force. For 5 months now I have gave it tremendous thought, outweighed the good and bad, watched all the videos of Forces.ca an Basic up series. I've even talked to a member that I knew from High School who is in the regiment about what the trade is like. Still I dream of the day to become a member of the Reserves and serve my country.

I have been to the armoury a few times last month when I was hoping to find the Commanding officer of the 10th Field Battery, but after some thought later on I decided to look into infantry that would be more appropriate for myself ( I don't really have good technical skills as they want). At my first visit I met with the Lincoln and Welland Regiment Captain, would he be the right person to talk to show my interest and get information?

I know most people will say talk to the Recruiter but when I did talk to him on the intercom (It sounded like) at the armoury he said there will be no openings until the new year. So now I will have to wait 4 months in order to try again but I will look at this an opportunity to keep studying, hit the gym, look-up some of those dusty .pdf files in my folder etc..

Has anyone had this sort of experience before? I just need some help and this looked like the perfect place for it.

I may seem like the typical average Joe who wants in the army but please believe me, I am willing to do whatever it takes to get in! Thank you! :)

MReid said:

Talk to anyone in the unit, they can probably direct you as to where to go. If they seem perplexed then look for someone with bars [officer]. Someone will eventually inform you of a night to come in and fill out some paperwork etc.

Anyway, I am not sure why you disregarded artillery because of 'technical' skills you didn't have...because if you mean anything like hands on work then the infantry does more of that.

For what it is worth, here is a link to their website....not sure how up to date it is though.

http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lwrec.html

MReid said:
Has anyone had this sort of experience before?

You are not the first, and will not be the last, person to find that a unit has no positions available. This is a normal situation. We have limited number of positions and many applicants.

I just need some help and this looked like the perfect place for it. 

I may have missed it but i don't know what you need help with. Nobody here can create a spot for you in a unit. Yes, we get it you are "willing to do anything". That makes you exactly the same as everyone else who wants in.

Lincoln and Welland Recruiting in 2013?

Might as well ask for the wining 6/49 numbers for 2013, same deal.

Best of luck.

Thank you everyone for your timely response.

A quick update since my last post; I've been talking with one of the members of the regiment and I have decided to give the recruiter a call and set up an appointment to fill out recruiting papers and ask some questions about openings in January or April. For combat arms highly not the case but you never know :)

Once again thanks for the advice it is greatly appreciated.

PS: @Dangles, I definitely like to work with my hands more and have hands on learning curve, I'm sure the artillery does as well but I was told by a former service member there is a lot of math involved when your the Gunner. Quite frankly my math could always use a brushing up, it is not my forte.

Back