• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Load bearing vests

Nope iam not, just our unit, i had my webbing set for me, they they made me change it. A standard i wont follow. :)

Becuase on tour, one C9 pouch has 5 mags. talking to good old Kevin B, and cannot put much in it.

I didnt get my load bearing vest yet, they ran out before I got down to the A Coy stores. They told me that I can get one Sat. before the FIBUA training in Shannon Park, I am so psyched to replace that web gear! So Robert what kind of modular stuff did they give you? Just the C9 pouches? I heard that is/soon to be a butt pack for it.

Originally posted by Robert KM:
[qb] When you transfer To reg force from reserves, you turn in ALL kit, even cadpat(clear out of the unit) and you get new stuff(from there stores, and clothing supplies). Sorry wont work. [/qb]
No you don‘t. I don‘t know who told you that but they‘re wrong. That is, unless, your RQ is a moron (it happens).

Im going from NS, to NB. All units are like that here, You transfer you gotta Turn in your kit, you got from the RQ or CQ.

We had a guy just leave for the Vandoos (from here in BC), he kept all his kit. Your RQ is messed up cause it‘s all the same system. It shouldn‘t matter, you should only have to turn in temp issue items. Then again, that would make too much sense wouldn‘t it.

Hi i will be joing with the 1st N.S Highlanders B coy..and i am jut wondering when is it suspected for the LFAA reserves to get the new Tactical Vests? any ideas ne one..i know the main priority is to get them to the regs adnd anyone on tour etc...etc..but what about us reserves..in a matter of days we could be at war and need thsoe tac vests for all we know.. ;) LOL!

please only post here with some helpful information..if u dont know..then why bother??? i know its not permission to say so but it seems sort of rude to just say NO and thats your whole post...:S but thats jsut my opinion

you probably wont be getting the vest for awhile

probably only gonna be issued to people who are BMQ/SQ qualifed or QL3

an could take awhile before your unit has them

looks like your going to have to use the webbing for awhile

lol ya i figured that...but will the fully trained Pte.s recieve them?? the reason i am asking is ebcause i have a slight back problem...and a firend of mine says that the tac vests are great...because the load is more spread out...hence "load bearing vest" and the webbing can be hard on your back..so im just wondering..
thanks for your reply D-n-A...peace

MacAulay
Starting out with a bad back in the infantry ain‘t such a good idea. Don‘t forget, your webbing has a big brother called "Mr Rucksack". You will carry Mr Rucksack over long distances for hours on end. He is not a back friendly piece of kit. If you think your webbing will cause you discomfort, you are in for a rude awakening when your Sgt tells you to "ruck up" for the first time.

Curse the webbing and curse "monkey butt"
God what a horrible affliction.

lol ya thanks gate guard..i know..my sister used to be in the military..my back isnt too bad..it just came along with the last couple of weekes.first it was shin splints..now its back...i was on my *** for like 2 or 3 months doing nothing but drinking..so i had NO exercise.. then when i enrolled i got motivated and started training..so im working out the kinks again..i play soccer...and it wasnt a problem in all in soccer..nor basketball( for the few weeks i was involved with that) but ya i know all about the ruck and what not...im not too worried..i jsut know that the new ruck isnt available yet..but the new vest is..just wondering when i would be getting something that will actually help me out physically..but thanks for your post..lol nice of you to explain things.. :p ..lol..peace

Don‘t forget, your webbing has a big brother called "Mr Rucksack
Mr Rucksack is my friend.

Don‘t worry about the new vest, its not all its cracked out to be. After a while, I‘ve actually begun to appreciate the versatility of my webbing; with a few modifications of course.

What kind of mods have you done to you webbing...oh ya..and i have heard about these camelbaks? how much do they weigh..and rea they really worth it...they seem to be but im ust wondering about investing..should i even though im only going reserves??

Wait till *after* you‘re done basic training, then you can answer that question for yourself, as it‘s dependent on different factors.

CF_MacAulay said:
What kind of mods have you done to you webbing...oh ya..and i have heard about these camelbaks? how much do they weigh..and rea they really worth it...they seem to be but im ust wondering about investing..should i even though im only going reserves??

On long marches or hot environments the camelbaks are an essencial piece of equipment.  They weigh as much as the water that is in it.  As you drink they get lighter.  In themselves, they weigh almost nothing.

Back