• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logisitcs Officers/NCMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggranatstein

Inactive
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for those working in Logisitcs.

It is the field in which I am entering and I wanted to know if anyone had some information or experience relating to the branch that they wished to share.

It‘s not as ‘glamorous‘ as the combat arms, but it is a real necessity!

How are the first stages of the training?

How is the job in general...

you know...

Well, for you specifically:

BOTP(R) + CAP(R) -- no Logistics specific training
CAP(R) might be the least fun (or most fun, depending on your point of view) of all your courses. Makes you promotable to 2Lt.

Basic Classification Training (BCT) - first part is a self-study package, introduces you to the bigger picture and Logistics specific concepts. Second part (most probably in Borden) applies the stuff from first part and trains you to be a duty officer in a Svc Bn; road moves, dump orders, platoon sitings, radio work. Qualifies you as Lt (with time in).

Then it‘s ICT --> branches off into Finance or Supply and Transport. Don‘t know about ICT Fin but ICT S&T trains you for the next level. And I think how to run a QM (not sure).

That should keep you busy for the foreseeable future. :D

Originally posted by OCdt. Granatstein:
[qb] I wanted to start a thread for those working in Logisitcs.

It is the field in which I am entering and I wanted to know if anyone had some information or experience relating to the branch that they wished to share.

It‘s not as ‘glamorous‘ as the combat arms, but it is a real necessity! [/qb]
I am also going in Logistics. I will complete my degree on April 23 and should go for the Basic in St-Jean in May or June. (I still have to do the interview so it‘s not official.)

Where and when are you going to do your basic?

Originally posted by SpinDoc:
[qb] Well, for you specifically:

Basic Classification Training (BCT) - Qualifies you as Lt (with time in).

[/qb]
Spindoc
They change the promotion criteria in Nov 03. Until they change it again, you now need ICT to be promotable to Lt. :(

So...In other words nobody can actually answer the original question?

It amazes me though on the expertise ??? ::)

Lisa

EOD4LIFE said:
So...In other words nobody can actually answer the original question?

It amazes me though on the expertise ??? ::)

Lisa

And you waited over three years from the last post to add your comment, without even trying to answer it yourself.

Locked.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back