• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

looking back

rocnrol

Inactive
Reaction score
after 20 some years of being out of the cult, I've been looking back on those times and laughing a lot! some pretty funny stuff happened in the field, and to see that someone else on the board remembers one of the funnier events I was involved in is pretty awesome! this is a copy from another post..... on older one to be sure:

Re: 1/35 Leopard 2A6M Cdn in plastic

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 11:19:26 »

Quote from: George Wallace on September 27, 2010, 10:49:43

I suppose it would also depend on whether you had a lisp or some other speech impediment as well.    >:D

There was a MCpl in the Hussars in Germany that had a bit of a speech impediment. He would do  his CC drills and when he got to the MBGD he would yell "moke - no moke"

In fact once when in Bergen we were doing an ex with the Brits. Some infantry climbed his tank and he was yelling over the net.
"HONA F@#$ DEY ON MA DANK THEY ON MY DANK....."silence.
Followed by the gunner laughing.. "1 this is -- they got my crew commander over"

Good fun.

this one I will ALWAYS remember! the Brits literaly just drug him out of the tank! we were already hatches down for the most part, the driver and operator were anyways, I don't remember why he opened his hatch, but he did, and was captured. I reached up and slammed it back down and locked 'er up. I then made that radio sit-rep, and the OC said to just stand down in the hide, I said no way and took command of the tank and was given some rolls to carry out through the rest of that particular attack. :nod:

Back