• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for help with BGRS MDI Mortgage Default Insurance

hal8472

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Posted this year and buying a house.  BGRS isn't answering questions though, so wanted to reach out in case someone knows the answer.  I am moving from a PMQ to a house, so do not have an existing mortgage to use (but which is still covered). 

Mortgage Default Insurance is listed as being covered.  I have heard socially that this needs to be paid upfront for them to cover it.  While most lenders just add this on to the overall mortgage, it will cause a problem.  Specifically I have heard that they will deny the claim if it's just added on.  BGRS has identified the details that would go into a letter for this.  They also refer to a form, but the link for the form on their website just points to the MDI tip sheet (which doesn't talk about this nuance). 

I have asked my broker to produce a letter with the required information, but of course its going slowly because it's unusual. 

Has anyone else come across this nuance and know how it has turned out.

Thanks
Andrew

MDI is *covered in certain circumstances*; so it is listed as being covered but..with caveats.  Assuming you've read CF IRP 8.3.10 - Mortgage Default Insurance (MDI) and will qualify under the second bullet item (When the member is renting their current residence..) under Custom Benefit as you're 'renting' currently...

There is a great resource on FB "Unofficial CAF relocation site" that has a group of helpful folks on there 'sharing the common BGRS experience' and how they navigate the nuances. 

Back