• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LOOKING FOR INFO ON MY GRANDFATHER

cricket

Inactive
Reaction score
I am hoping that someone has some information relating to my grandfather, Llyod Hartsook.  He served with the RCOC from approx. 1940-1944.  He achieved the rank of Lance Corporal. He was at one time stationed in Barriefield ON.  He worked as a mechanic and driving instructor.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank Yoy.

Could this be him? I did a quick search but it's hard to narrow it down can you confirm his d.o.b. or any other information?

Hartsook, Lloyd Dale  Corporal Army
born 10‐10‐1920 died 3‐22‐1979 buried in
Fairview Methodist Cemetery

He was born 4 Dec 1914 and died Oct. 1996.  His full name was Lloyd Hagen Hartsook and he was from the Madison Sk area. 

Have you tried ordering his service record from Library and Archives Canada?

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogie/022-909.007-e.html

How to Send an Inquiry Concerning Your Own or Another Individual's Records

* Your request must be signed.
    * To identify a file, we require surname, full given name(s), date of birth, and service number or social insurance number.
    * If you do not know the date of birth, service number or S.I.N. (social insurance number), secondary information (e.g., the names of next of kin, postings, dates of service, place of enlistment) can assist in identifying the correct individual.
    * Consult the section below on Access Restrictions.
    * Please specify what document(s) you require. If you are doing family history research, we recommend that you request a "genealogy package," which will include copies of selected documents from the file that highlight/summarize the individual's service.
    * We do not accept email inquiries for these records. Inquiries must be sent by mail or fax.
    * Your request can be written as a letter or you can print off a blank copy of the Application for Military Service Information form available in [PDF 663 KB] or [RTF 44,516 KB] format, which should be filled in, signed and sent by mail or fax.
      (Download Freeware)
    * Inquiries should be sent by mail or fax to:

ATIP and Personnel Records Division
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N4
Fax: 613-947-8456

Back