• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LOST WITH ROTP

BK

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i didnt know who elese to turn to on this ISSUE.  I joined the reserves towards the end of 2003 and was an active reservist until i decided to hit university in engineering.  While in engineering i applied for the ROTP and got accepted as a CELE (air) but this offer was over the phone (and the captain cheerfully said "yeah sometime at the end of july we'll do the paper work").  I have visited them, saw my name on the list but they have no predetermined date for my component transfer to take place and i am a sitting duck this summer, not making money, transfering into another engineering branch because the offer entailed that i transfer to Chemical engineeering and i would be subsidized another year for loosing some courses.  The thing is i know how the CF works and i feel im a sitting duck for that dreaded call this summer saying OOPS, reapply.  Am i a sitting duck for doomsday?  I dont even have a peice of paper, just emails saying i have an offer.  I got away with my medical and appitude tests etc because of my reserve application in 2003.  How long could i hold on to those results?

thanks for any advice from any fellow soldiers

cheers

Sounds like you're in a rough situation, but the thing is, no-one will be able to answer your question except your CFRC (I know it's not what you want to hear... but that's the way it goes). Who's the recruiter sending you the offer through e-mail? Get their extention and speak to them person to person, or better yet, set up an appointment to see what's going on. You never know, things might work out for you.

The aptitude test is good for life (or at least a long time anyway). The medical needs to be updated every year.

Hey buddy,

Think of it this way - you got into ROTP!!  In the short-term a summer off kinda sucks when your a student and you need money, in the long run the summer employment gap is nothing but a blip in your lengthy career.  I'd love to turn the clock back about 12 years and take a summer off - money or not.  I've been working either part or full time since the age of 16 (not counting summer cadet camps, paper routes, odd jobs, etc.).

J

thanx!

got the letter today on the acceptance......finally some paper work

thanks dude,

still gotta a long road ahead to proove myself to these guys and gals in the CF. 

CHEERS

BK: Just curious, they wanted you to do CHEMICAL engineering as a CELE(AIR)? I figured they would have suggested electrical or computer...

Anyhow, good luck and have fun! From what I've seen so far, CELE(Air) is a pretty sweet trade.

DVessey said:
BK: Just curious, they wanted you to do CHEMICAL engineering as a CELE(AIR)? I figured they would have suggested electrical or computer...

Anyhow, good luck and have fun! From what I've seen so far, CELE(Air) is a pretty sweet trade.

i know!, one of the most bizarre conditions for acceptance.  I am currently a material engineer entering 3 rd year and we do alot of electrical courses, not to the depth of electrical engineering, more on the concepts and microscopic level stuff but anayways i tried to tell them this but the recuriter said he spoke to "higher up" and they said that if i dont go into an acceptable degree my offer could be taken away(he then lists starting from electrical all the way down to chemical).  Since Material Engineering is pretty much chemical engineering sister degree i said thats my only choice and so they said they will pay for a whole extra year for me to do 3 courses.  I plan on doing some upper year courses anyways. 

I am not going to argue with them for my first choice was AERE and i am an avionics graduate so i do have some experience with air communications which i why i think i got the position.  If i make it pass basic i hope to join the profession with 100% enthusiam and pass all the demanding tests they give me.

cheers

Back