• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major Site Upgrade

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

Today I completed a major site upgrade. There are some outstanding issues that I am aware of, and likely a whole lot that I am not aware of. Please use this thread to report any issues.

The Wiki is not working at the moment, for example. :)

Thanks for your patience, we will be back to "normal" as soon as possible.

Cheers
Mike

My ability to get in has been sporadic over roughly the last forty-five minutes (at least) on either MS Edge or Firefox, Mike. I keep getting "Forbidden" messages.

army.ca is not working for me (On a Mac using Safari - not tech savvy enough to get all the build numbers, etc...).

However milnet.ca is working without any issues.

There were definitely some stability issues earlier on. Likely some still to come, but I think I have a few of the big ones worked out.

Getting a lot of errors:

The army.ca page isn’t working

army.ca is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

There are other error msgs as well:

======================

PC running Win 10 with Chrome

For the past week or so I've gotten sporadic "server stress" messages that were such a pain in the butt a few years back.  Been okay the last few hours on my iPad .

OK, after much ado, the upgrade has been reverted. There should be no data loss or issues at the moment.

:endnigh:

Well, I thought so...... :D

Mike,

Is it really that bad you had to remove it?. I don't think anyone will complain if we have a better platform in the end.

Pretend you're Microsoft, force the next version on us and wait til we complain about glitches and bugs, then you fix them.😉

When it's bug free, you stop supporting it and make us work like slaves testing your new project. 😎

Maybe next time. ;)

For now I wanted to get some stability back and I will inch forward instead of conducting a full on frontal.

Silver lining: our backups are confirmed to work. :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
OK, after much ado, the upgrade has been reverted. There should be no data loss or issues at the moment.

....but the order of the Forums has changed......I now have RECRUITING at the very top.....then The Quartermaster's Stores........

George Wallace said:
....but the order of the Forums has changed......I now have RECRUITING at the very top.....then The Quartermaster's Stores........

Me, too ... Mac/OSX Sierra 10.12.1 running Chrome.

Fixed. At the end of the day I rolled back all changes and then re-applied some. I'm finding that middle ground where fewer things are broken. :)

For the past few days there have been several occasions when the site wouldn't display, however it usually did come on-line after a few re-tries.  Today however, it seemed to not want to display at all.  For a couple (or more) hours, all I got is this message when I tried any army.ca page (or the other branch versions).

This page can’t be displayed

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://army.ca again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

The advanced settings as suggested were already turned on.  I was wondering if this could be due to the recent upgrade.  I use Explorer as my browser.  During the same period my security program (McAfee) has also occasionally popped up a warning about blocking some of the content on the homepage as unsafe.  That had never happened before.

Thankfully, I was finally able to access the site.  Was starting to experience withdrawal symptoms.

Blackadder1916 said:
For the past few days there have been several occasions when the site wouldn't display, however it usually did come on-line after a few re-tries.  Today however, it seemed to not want to display at all.  For a couple (or more) hours, all I got is this message when I tried any army.ca page (or the other branch versions).

The advanced settings as suggested were already turned on.  I was wondering if this could be due to the recent upgrade.  I use Explorer as my browser.  During the same period my security program (McAfee) has also occasionally popped up a warning about blocking some of the content on the homepage as unsafe.  That had never happened before.

Thankfully, I was finally able to access the site.  Was starting to experience withdrawal symptoms.

:ditto:

I didn't keep track of the time, but two hours is a good guess. Nor did I try e.g. milnet.ca or navy.ca ... just clicked on the "reload" button every now and again and, eventually, less than five minutes ago, it came back.

Thanks, I have been attempting to tackle that issue over the last couple of days. Still some demons here in the server but I'm making progress. Hopefully in the right direction.

Are we on the new upgrade, or sorting out gremlins from the restore from backup?

We are half way upgraded. Server OS was version 23, I went straight to 25 and it was messy... so I went back to 23 and then up to 24. Turns out that's still messy.

Back