• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Make the facts fit your views....

With everything on in politics (our side of the border and south), I thought I would resurrect this one for those that to put lame politician arguments and reasoning and tear them apart?

US Election?

Riots?

Accusations against police? Note Jagmeet Singh really crossed a line with his recent comments against TO police IMO.

WE scandal and prorogue?

I want to comment more on our political affairs but first must look after cattle and sheep.

A Cynic might state that politics is all about taking care of cattle and sheep. ;D

Remius said:
I find that there are few sites or journalists that are without some bias. I guess you need to temper that with being able to actually listen to someone or something that might oppose your own view.

The first step is to maybe research what someone or who is saying it and then see how it fits into the narrative.  I don't need to read much from Ezra Levant to know what he's going to say.  or whatever Anderson Cooper might have to say about Donald Trump. 

But...

I do like watching Michael Smerconish and Fareed Zakaria on CNN. 

I will go on the Foxnews website and read their OP Eds to see the pulse of that side just like I might occasional peruse Rabble to see what they are saying. 

The key is to find the facts and maybe see what various outlets might be doing to analyse the repercussions,  what the outcome sand predictions might be etc etc.

The real issue is that in the face of overwhelming evidence, some people will never change their position on something even if it hit them in the face.  It's like talking to anti vaxxers. Nothing you say or do will change their mindset or their support. 

One reporter I quite respect is Chantal Hébert, I don`t always agree with her, but I certainly always listen to what she has to say.

Assuming a comment or two is on topic here:
For the left in the US the media is just fine. They even have Fox News' more realistic broadcasters turninig coat from the usual Hannity babbling. This could be due to:

1. Pressure from the media's owners to only speak the party line.
2. Speaking only that which is popular because the media's objective is always going to be to make money.
3. ?? Any ideas?

When announcers on Fox News turn coat on Trump, there is likely a reason why. Shepherd Smith, Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, and other highly credible announcers on Fox have strayed.

There are likely times in history when the media has been highly sympathetic to the political right too. Democracy guides our way IMO.

My comments in yellow:

Donald H said:
Assuming a comment or two is on topic here:
For the left in the US the media is just fine. They even have Fox News' more realistic broadcasters turninig coat from the usual Hannity babbling. This could be due to:

1. Pressure from the media's owners to only speak the party line.
2. Speaking only that which is popular because the media's objective is always going to be to make money.
3. ?? Any ideas? How about: The clearly established facts don't bear Hannity's babbling on that topic?

When announcers on Fox News turn coat on Trump, there is likely a reason why: Could it be that president Trump is actually wrong on that point?. Shepherd Smith, Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, and other highly credible announcers on Fox have strayed. Strayed from what? The TRUTH as you believe it to be, as opposed to the actual facts?

There are likely times in history when the media has been highly sympathetic to the political right too. Democracy guides our way IMO.

I am just spitballing here, but but what are the chances that a man who is ignorant of all the facts could be right one hundred percent of the time? I would say the probability hovers around zero. So why so surprised that even his supporters find that he is wrong from time to time?

Oldgateboatdriver said:
My comments in yellow:

I am just spitballing here, but but what are the chances that a man who is ignorant of all the facts could be right one hundred percent of the time? I would say the probability hovers around zero. So why so surprised that even his supporters find that he is wrong from time to time?

Your quoting format is difficult to work with but you asked a couple of questions:

Q. Strayed from what?
A. Strayed from the traditional rightist Fox party line.

Q. The TRUTH as you believe it to be, as opposed to the actual facts?
A. I really don't understand that question. My comments had nothing to do with what I believe is the truth.

Colin P said:
One reporter I quite respect is Chantal Hébert, I don`t always agree with her, but I certainly always listen to what she has to say.
Agree Colin. She is a very smart lady, and like you, I listen to what she has to say.

Back