• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Man injured in lap dance awarded $650,000

Swingline1984

Inactive
Reaction score
Perhaps the Peelers should consider getting malpractice insurance.  ::)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2010/10/14/15697301.html

Man injured in lap dance awarded $650,000
By QMI AGENCY

A Palm Beach, Fla., man has been awarded $650,000 after he sued a local nightclub where he was injured by a stripper's shoe during a lap dance.

Michael Ireland was getting a lap dance at Cheetah Club in West Palm Beach in 2008 when the woman's heel poked him in the eye, NBC Miami reported Thursday.

The heel punctured Ireland's eye socket and broke bones around his eye and nose.

Ireland, a roofer, has experienced double vision ever since, lawyer Lake Lytal told the Palm Beach Post.

"When this case was first filed, many people criticized it simply because it occurred at a strip club," Lytal told the media after the settlement was reached Thursday.

"But we feel the $650,000 settlement goes to show that this was a serious case with serious injuries."

medicineman said:
I wonder how many lap dances he can get for 650K?

MM

Just one, if she has the right line.... ;D

I'd like to find out how she managed to do that, so this Friday night I'll take one for the team and visit the local skin bar. For science, of course! :D

Michael Ireland was getting a lap dance at Cheetah Club in West Palm Beach in 2008 when the woman's heel poked him in the eye, NBC Miami reported Thursday.

The heel punctured Ireland's eye socket and broke bones around his eye and nose.
Ouch!
While it has been a while since I had a lap dance, and perhaps certain routines have been nuanced, I'm wondering about the physics of this incident. Was the dancer involved some sort of contortionist? How would the heel get close to the eye socket, assuming standard positions were maintained, and that the shoe was actually still on the dancer's foot?

Ignatius J. Reilly said:
While it has been a while since I had a lap dance, and perhaps certain routines have been nuanced, I'm wondering about the physics of this incident.

"said she was walking along the bar, with her feet near patrons' heads, when she spun around in reaction to someone touching her,":
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cheetah-patron-injured-by-strippers-shoe-wins-650-972765.html

( Apparently, the photo was taken prior to the "accident". )

From what the manager and lady said, the kick may not have been entirely accidental:
“A patron violently slapped the young woman on her buttocks and she was walking around the top of the bar and I guess out of a natural response she turned around and kicked him.  From what I’m told he refused medical attention and came back in the club after that and had beers,” says Kimbrough.:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/06/04/michael-ireland-sues-cheetah-strip-club-after-stripper-kicks-him-in-the-head-permanently-injures-him/

"I don't know exactly what I was trying to do," Shageer said. "Perhaps to let him know 'Don't do that'.":
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/06/03/0603stripper.html

"In New York, a man sued after a stripper giving him a lap dance swiveled and smacked him in the face with her shoe. A Broward man sued after a woman's stiletto flew off during a pole dance, shattering a mirror and cutting him."

Ignatius J. Reilly said:
How would the heel get close to the eye socket.....
  ::)  Kids these days. No sense of......Kama Sutra

Journeyman said:

during a lap dance?

He must've spent a lot of money that night, I hope this covers it.

mariomike said:
"said she was walking along the bar, with her feet near patrons' heads, when she spun around in reaction to someone touching her,":
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cheetah-patron-injured-by-strippers-shoe-wins-650-972765.html

"In New York, a man sued after a stripper giving him a lap dance swiveled and smacked him in the face with her shoe. A Broward man sued after a woman's stiletto flew off during a pole dance, shattering a mirror and cutting him."

As all of these incidents involved shoes, I am quite surprised none of these lawsuits have set their sights on the offending stiletto manufacturers.  These items of footwear should obviously be placed in such auspicious company as the Uzi and Snub nose revolver as they can be so easily converted into offensive weapons.  Perhaps we should make them the official footwear of a new branch of the Special Forces.  ;D

Swingline1984 said:
As all of these incidents involved shoes, I am quite surprised none of these lawsuits have set their sights on the offending stiletto manufacturers. 

"She wore at the time "clunky" platform shoes, she said. "It was the heel. That was the thing that did the damage."

Not shoe related, but:
"West Chicago strip club lawsuit settled for $1 million":
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/08/west-chicago-strip-club-drunk-driving-lawsuit.html

Swingline1984 said:
As all of these incidents involved shoes, I am quite surprised none of these lawsuits have set their sights on the offending stiletto manufacturers.  These items of footwear should obviously be placed in such auspicious company as the Uzi and Snub nose revolver as they can be so easily converted into offensive weapons.  Perhaps we should make them the official footwear of a new branch of the Special Forces.  ;D
A new registry is obviously needed.

Stiletto Heel Acquistion Tag

;D

HavokFour said:
I'd like to find out how she managed to do that, so this Friday night I'll take one for the team and visit the local skin bar. For science, of course! :D

Just so it's a fair trial I'll go along as an impartial and unbiased second opinion. For science of course!!

Journeyman said:

I'm told by "friends", no personal experienc of course, that sometimes the young law student will put her foot up on the seated fellows shoulder, in order to provide a better view.  Purely second hand information, though.

HavokFour said:

Just make sure you wear your BEW.  ::)

Kat Stevens said:
...... will put her foot up on the seated fellows shoulder, in order to provide a better view.
Whereas I assumed she was simply stretching out her hamstrings.....because if you haven't got your health.....

If, in fact, such a move was to occur 

Journeyman said:
Whereas I assumed she was simply stretching out her hamstrings.....because if you haven't got your health.....

If, in fact, such a move was to occur

Hey man, I'm just passing on what I heard.

Jim - you do realize that the gov't will just turn that into a tax on women's shoes and we all know what that will lead to - a huge hit to the bank account.

MM

Retired FDO said:
Just so it's a fair trial I'll go along as an impartial and unbiased second opinion. For science of course!!

Excellent! I'll bring the lab coats and you bring the stethoscope. Together we will research the ideal alcohol to booty ratio for such and event to occur.

Back