• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Map Tack (laminate)

Swingline1984 said:
Talk to your friendly neighbourhood Geo guy and have him print them out on Tyvek...Maptac is soooooo last year!

You know how freaking expensive it is to print on that stuff!!

Quite cheap? Say the cost of the tyvek?

There's a plotter (at your unit) that's capable of doing it.

(Edit: Should be capable...)

Not according to the GEO CELL at CFSME....... or am I mistaking it for some other form of printing surface..... :-\ I know I got shown one that cost a shit load to print on....

They probably sent it out to be done... and of course, no one ever charges the army more then what their product/services are worth....

Anyone looking to get somthing printed on tyvek would be charged a little extra for the cost of the materials, and a lot extra because of the novelty of printing on tyvek... add the "rip off the government" fees and you can imagine the cost increases...

Not having done it myself, as near as I can tell, you buy the tyvek, cut it to fit the printer (with the exception of laser jets, won't print on laser jets, due to the heat in the printing mechanism melting the tyvek) and press print. (From dupont's website... http://industrialpackaging.dupont.com/5techtips/index.html)

The biggest hassle would be cutting the tyvek, which would NOT be a hassle to a properly equipped print shop.

Hopefully this doesn't end up like the time somone claimed you couldn't shred a slice of pizza... you can by the way....

Add on to what I said, they may well have been paying for the print-set costs... which are what make small print runs of anything expensive (Example, we had some unit crest stickers printed... we got 2500 of them... cost for 250 was $90, cost for 2500 was $130. 5000 would have been $140)

Back