• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March 2010 - BMQ - All Locations

Katw

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone else starting BMQ March 8th ? 7 weeks to go ! Flying out of Halifax March 6th.

week before that, march 1rst.

so close yet so far.

I am hoping for March 8th or 15th... In the final stages of an application... Have been told that my name was already "penciled in" but no official word...

Im in the final stages now... I spoke to my file manager the other day and they've completed my back check, my last medical has been approved, and my interview went well, I guess they are just waiting for the last word on my Verification of Former Service, and I should be good to go. Hoping for no later than March!

Anyone know, are the BMQ's before March all full up?

I was supposed to go March 1st but am now going March 8th. Swearing in on the 25th. Coming from Winnipeg...

Count me in too....March 8, swearing in Feb 25 in Halifax!

hmmmm....to drive or not to drive (to St Jean)??????

forumdood007 said:
Count me in too....March 8, swearing in Feb 25 in Halifax!

hmmmm....to drive or not to drive (to St Jean)??????

Given the unpredictable weather that is March I'm flying lol

It'll be nice to have some other maritimers on course. I'm originally from the east coast, my husband was posted to Winnipeg last spring.

Congradulations ALL !!!!  ;D

March 8th , Flying out of Edmonton, Alberta
Sig Op.

See you arround St.Jean

Will

What's everyone doing to get ready for BMQ ?  I'm focusing on my pushups and running

Hey! I'm Kayla starting BMQ March 8 coming from Edmonton, Alberta. I'm a navy clerk.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

I'm working on my running as I'm currently a smoker. Last smoke is today!

travodne20 said:
count me in for the 8th...coming from niagara falls

From Niagara Falls also... but starting March 15th  ;)

ATIS Tech

Im Running like there's no tomorrow and throwing in a decent push-up heavy workout I picked up off men's health magazine website
that reunited me with my lunch the first time I tried it :-[

I'm working on my running as I'm currently a smoker. Last smoke is today!
congrats Kayla keep it up!

Also I forgot to mention in my last post I will be going as Sig Op as well. See y'all there!

Thanks Saxxton! I know a bunch of Sig Ops in Edmonton. There all cool guys. I look forward to meeting you in March!

Quitting smoking prior to BMQ definitely sounds like a good plan lol Looking forward to meeting everyone I'm going navy steward

I've been working on the running(hoping to be able to run 5km by the time I get there), push-ups for sure, and core body strength (ie. plank and chair position) I hear we'll be spending alot of time in those positions! Does anyone know what platoon they'll ben in? There are two startinf that date. I'm in R0321.
Quitting smoking will help with the running alot! I quit in September and I feel a huge difference.

I start my BMQ on March 15th, also been running frequently, and doing pushups/situps...

During the beep test (VO2 Max) you should have an instructor (who is in much better shape than you could possibly be in -haha) running along with you to keep pace. He is very good with the timings of the beeps. Stay with him and you'll do fine on yer express test.

So far on the forums it looks like me and nolf for the 15th, anyone else??

Back