• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marriage Certificate

mrbill

Inactive
Reaction score
One document I am asked to bring in a certified copy of, is my marriage certificate. I do not currently have the actual certificate, however, I do have the Record of Solemnization of Marriage  which is what I got after the marriage. Is this acceptable? Or will the actual certificate be required?  I can get the certificate online if necessary and at a low cost, but it will take a few weeks to arrive.

Good day,

You will be required to obtain your marriage certificate to provide it to the recruiting center processing your application so they can add a certified copy to your file.

If you have not already done so I suggest that you inform your local recruiting center that there will be a delay in obtaining your marriage cert. 

I can't speak about other provinces but if you were married in Ontario, you can order a copy of your marriage certificate online through Service Ontario.  I had to get a new copy of mine about a year ago, paid the few extra bucks for the expedited service and had it in-hand in about a week.

I went online and ordered it there.. they say less than 15 days.. which works out ok. I don't leave until Aug. 30th anyway, which gives me plenty of time.. well.. enough time anyway...

Back