• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marriage Question

FlyLikeAnEagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I got married and have a question about the BOR:

Will they want my wife & step daughters birth certificates or is the marriage certificate enough? I'm at NFS(P).

THANKS
OS FLAE

Just guessing here... but perhaps a phone call to the BOR would provide the answer you seek?

ModlrMike said:
Just guessing here... but perhaps a phone call to the BOR would provide the answer you seek?

Sometimes it's the weekend and people want answers now. That's why God invented the internet.

The Military Human Resource Records Procedure Manual (MHRRP, sounds like burp) says you need the following:
Members shall submit the following documentation to the URS/Res unit:
•a certificate of marriage properly completed and signed by the civil or religious official performing the ceremony; or
•a signed extract of a church marriage record bearing the parish seal or prepared on official church letterhead.
Proof of marriage shall be accompanied by an acceptable proof of age for the spouse and, if applicable, the spouse's SN, rank, initials, name and MOS ID.

Expect to do a full PRV too as they will likely want you to update your next of kin, emergency contacts, supplementary death benefit, will, etc. You might want to call ahead to your OR and make an appointment.

absolutely make an appointment as everything will have to be done.  Bring the birth certificates as that is the proof of age along with proof that they are your spouses children.  Don't forget to ask about the PSHCP as the administrator may forget that one.  I suggest pay the $4 for level 3 coverage.

Back