• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med Tech Hiring

RyanJames

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys I just have a quick question for you. I applied to be a Med Tech a while back, well I actually started my application around 7 months ago. Anyway I passed my physical, medical and aptitude test. The Capt. that I had my interview with also said that it looks good for me! To get to the point I was told I was put on the merit list, and I believe that they told me they're hiring Med Techs in November. I know this might be a dumb question but what is the merit list? Is it just basically a waiting list? Also I was told that they moved the school from BC to New Brunswick. Would I go to Basic and then go to Moncton for my Trades training? Sorry for any stupid questions, thanks in advance.

Good day,

The merit list is a national list in which applicants found suitable for a given occupation, will be added to it. Applicants are then merited based on a number of factors. Being on the merit list does not mean you will be offered a job, as there are more applicants than positions. 

Medical Tech occupation training occurs in Borden ON.

Theoretically speaking, could you remain on the merit list indefinitely?

Sergeant Peter said:
Good day,

The merit list is a national list in which applicants found suitable for a given occupation, will be added to it. Applicants are then merited based on a number of factors. Being on the merit list does not mean you will be offered a job, as there are more applicants than positions. 

Medical Tech occupation training occurs in Borden ON.

Further clarification for the actual med tech training, only clinical and field portions are in Borden,  all med techs go to either Quebec or NB for their paramedic portion.

LegalApp said:
Theoretically speaking, could you remain on the merit list indefinitely?

That's something I'd like to know as well, to help with planning. I understand that update interviews and medicals will be required every time they expire. But does an applicant get any hint as to his likely chances of a future job offer if wasn't selected say several times in a row?

Good day,

Applicants that are merit listed but do not receive an offer may have many factors pertaining to why they were not as competitive as other applicants applying for the same occupation. In future selections for the occupation more individuals would also have had time to be processed by their recruiting centers and merit listed for the occupation. Therefore an applicant that is not as competitive as other individuals applying for the chosen occupation may never receive an offer for that occupation.

Hey there,
Wondering if you got your call?  How long did you end up on the merit list for??
& was it ever mentioned to you how often they merit applicants? 

I was also informed today that I am on the merit list for med-tech... waiting (im)patiently.

Back