• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical/Age concerns?

Kate717

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm not sure if this is where I can ask this, but here it goes.

So I'm a 23 yo female and I'll be 24 in December. I've been interested in being a pilot with the Canadian Air Force for some time, but have had some health problems for a couple years and as a result I've been in university for six years and don't have a degree. I'm improving health wise and could probably finish up my physics major in a year and graduate at 24. My GPA is about a 2.8 on a 4.5 scale. I'm on thyroid medication and Zoloft but I'm getting off the latter. I've heard of people reversing hypothyroidism with diet and I'm currently trying to do this. So my question is, if I was theoretically able to reverse it and was not on any medications and finished my degree at 24, would I have a chance at even being accepted into the Canadian Air Force, let alone as a pilot? Would I be too old? I've heard pilot positions are extremely competitive but I've also heard the Air Force is currently low on pilots and am not sure if the latter is actually true.

Thank you and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Welcome to Army.ca, Kate717.

No, you are not too old, or even close to that.

The only way to know if you are medically fit for the CF in general or Pilot specifically is to actually apply. That is the standard response to anybody who asks such questions. Nobody here has enough information to give you a better answer.

Take some time to read through older threads on this Site. There are many that you might find relevant - about becoming a Pilot, medical matters, age etcetera and most of these are stickied at the top of each forum. As you explore, you'll likely find answers to questions before they even occur to you.

When you feel ready, apply. Not everybody who applies makes it through, but none of those who don't apply make it through. You won't know until you try.

Qapla.

Thanks for the advice! I will start poking around some of the older threads.

Back