• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Expectations?

Ulauma

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I have my medical next Tuesday at the Oshawa Recruiting Centre. Just wanted to know if they really evaluate your physical fitness there? I have been getting into shape, I was at upwards of 260 pounds at a point and now I'm down to around 220 (6'2) and still working on getting better. I don't think I'm ready for BMQ right at this moment, but I'm working my butt off to get into good shape. Just had a recent setback with a severely sprained ankle and notified them about that, still in the healing process, the file manager asked the medical officer at the centre and told me as long as I can walk I can still do the medical so.

Do they care if you're not in perfect shape at the medical? And what can I expect them to go over at the medical? Thanks in advance!

From what I've been reading around here, they don't do a true Physical Test. Some people say they were asked to do a few push-ups just as a faster way to check through joint mobility and all that jazz.

Not sure how they look at us in terms of overall fitness, but if they see improvement from previous records and no health concerns I don't see it being a problem.

Best of luck with the application!

EDIT: Here's a good idea of what they are looking for..
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/index.page

I can do upwards of 20+ pushups and sit ups at the moment, just have a decently high body fat percentange (20% ish). My strength is good and working on my cardio, just have that excess fat that I'm working on getting down.

Not in the best shape currently, but getting there. I have done the test they have online and I have been able to do it (The one with lifting weight, doing shuttle runs, etc) with relative ease. Was just wondering what I should expect at the medical.

Thanks for the link!

I also have a slight stutter, some days its completely gone and others its a little apparent. How will this effect my eligibility? On top of this I'm pretty sure I'm slightly color blind, I can tell the difference easily between red / yellow (or orange) / green on traffic lights and closer shades and what not. But if they are really close shades.. I have a hard time. Going for Infantry, will this pose an issue?

Only the medical staff and process at the CFRC can answer that question.  Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Back