• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical rejected

Not really an opinion, more well known facts abt the process. At the end of the day though, the only opinion that matters is the RMOs and they given it to you, not once but twice. If I was you, I’d put more then just a year of time between when I last got treated to prove it’s not reoccurring, appeal again, and keep a plan B in my pocket. Everyone gets to apply, not everyone gets in
Well if I was treated then yes , this was just a mess for being honest here, I never got diagnosed nor I have any history, this was just a one time talking coz of sadness and RMO or their office already given their suggestion to me and that’s all matters for me

Last edited:
Well if I was treated then yes , this was just a mess for being honest here, I never got diagnosed nor I have any history, this was just a one time talking coz of sadness and RMO or their office already given their suggestion to me and that’s all matters for me

Unfortunately for you in relation to your enrolment medical, you are mistaken. It's not surprising, many with a similar history would possibly assume the same. And just like you, they would be wrong.

. . . I did one counseling with my Family doctor . . .
. . . I went for counseling with family doctor and she said it’s just a reactive depression and she said if you want you can take medicine for better sleep but I said I don’t want to be on medication and she said it’s fine.so technically I don’t have any kind off pre history of depression neither any medication . . .
Yes I did and she wrote exactly on notes as like Given medication but patient didn’t use it used other techniques and improved and no history of any diagnosis. So I guess I am fine right ??

You went to a physician with a complaint. She examined you (i.e., listened to you), reached a conclusion (i.e., diagnosis) and treated you (i.e., counselling and prescription). A complete and comprehensive doctor/patient encounter. The doctor would then have recorded the encounter in your medical record and she her staff would have submitted the billing to your provincial health insurance plan using a code for the type of visit and the diagnosis using an ICD 10 code..

From the information you've provided on this forum, I assume that she likely used an ICD (International Classification of Disease) code of "F32.0"
Do any of the following symptoms sound familiar?

F32 Depressive episode
In typical mild, moderate, or severe depressive episodes, the patient suffers from lowering of mood, reduction of energy, and decrease in activity. Capacity for enjoyment, interest, and concentration is reduced, and marked tiredness after even minimum effort is common. Sleep is usually disturbed and appetite diminished. Self-esteem and self-confidence are almost always reduced and, even in the mild form, some ideas of guilt or worthlessness are often present. The lowered mood varies little from day to day, is unresponsive to circumstances and may be accompanied by so-called "somatic" symptoms, such as loss of interest and pleasurable feelings, waking in the morning several hours before the usual time, depression worst in the morning, marked psychomotor retardation, agitation, loss of appetite, weight loss, and loss of libido. Depending upon the number and severity of the symptoms, a depressive episode may be specified as mild, moderate or severe.

Incl.: single episodes of:
  • depressive reaction
  • psychogenic depression
  • reactive depression
Excl.: adjustment disorder (F43.2) recurrent depressive disorder (F33.-) when associated with conduct disorders in F91.- (F92.0)

F32.0
Two or three of the above symptoms are usually present. The patient is usually distressed by these but will probably be able to continue with most activities.

When you went back to have her complete the doctor form, as much as you would have wanted her to minimize the importance of you seeking medical attention for an episode of mood disorder, she could only provide the information as detailed in your medical records. And it is that information (as well as any notes, if made, from the PA/Med Tech who examined you for the recruit medical) that forms the RMO's decision.

Unfortunately for you in relation to your enrolment medical, you are mistaken. It's not surprising, many with a similar history would possibly assume the same. And just like you, they would be wrong.

You went to a physician with a complaint. She examined you (i.e., listened to you), reached a conclusion (i.e., diagnosis) and treated you (i.e., counselling and prescription). A complete and comprehensive doctor/patient encounter. The doctor would then have recorded the encounter in your medical record and she her staff would have submitted the billing to your provincial health insurance plan using a code for the type of visit and the diagnosis using an ICD 10 code..

From the information you've provided on this forum, I assume that she likely used an ICD (International Classification of Disease) code of "F32.0"
Do any of the following symptoms sound familiar?

F32 Depressive episode
In typical mild, moderate, or severe depressive episodes, the patient suffers from lowering of mood, reduction of energy, and decrease in activity. Capacity for enjoyment, interest, and concentration is reduced, and marked tiredness after even minimum effort is common. Sleep is usually disturbed and appetite diminished. Self-esteem and self-confidence are almost always reduced and, even in the mild form, some ideas of guilt or worthlessness are often present. The lowered mood varies little from day to day, is unresponsive to circumstances and may be accompanied by so-called "somatic" symptoms, such as loss of interest and pleasurable feelings, waking in the morning several hours before the usual time, depression worst in the morning, marked psychomotor retardation, agitation, loss of appetite, weight loss, and loss of libido. Depending upon the number and severity of the symptoms, a depressive episode may be specified as mild, moderate or severe.

Incl.: single episodes of:
  • depressive reaction
  • psychogenic depression
  • reactive depression
Excl.: adjustment disorder (F43.2) recurrent depressive disorder (F33.-) when associated with conduct disorders in F91.- (F92.0)

F32.0
Two or three of the above symptoms are usually present. The patient is usually distressed by these but will probably be able to continue with most activities.

When you went back to have her complete the doctor form, as much as you would have wanted her to minimize the importance of you seeking medical attention for an episode of mood disorder, she could only provide the information as detailed in your medical records. And it is that information (as well as any notes, if made, from the PA/Med Tech who examined you for the recruit medical) that forms the RMO's decision.
Wow someone actually did explain me what went up and thank you so much for it.

So now what should I carry with me for appealing? I mean what exactly my doctor or GP needs to write for the appeal? Should I have to see psychiatrist for further proof?

Wow someone actually did explain me what went up and thank you so much for it.

So now what should I carry with me for appealing? I mean what exactly my doctor or GP needs to write for the appeal? Should I have to see psychiatrist for further proof?

Sorry, I will not provide that information. One, because I do not have your entire medical history; two, I've not had an opportunity to interview you (I deliberately do not use the word "examine" because I no longer practice medicine without a license); three, I, along with any of the other members on this site who are familiar with CF medical world, do not want to provide work arounds for you or other individuals to be less than honest; and four, (and most importantly) if I was to provide a suggestion to your physician on how to respond, I would have to charge my consulting rate. Your doctor probably wouldn't want to pay.

Based on the original post from August 10th I believe the original question has been answered. I will give this thread 24-48 hours of remaining unlocked just in case I'm wrong with that assessment, after which time I will lock this topic.

Back