• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meteorologist Badge?

Miss.Meteo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys so I am new here. I am starting my basic training around Octobers 3rd! Couldn't be happier!

I have been looking on-line for the Meteorologist badge as in Support or Logistics? I'm not sure if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

May  :)

Wow that's gorgeous thank you so much!
Is it considered Logistics or Support?

Miss.Meteo said:
Wow that's gorgeous thank you so much!
Is it considered Logistics or Support?

Don't thank me too much, I didn't design it.  :p

Met Techs are part of the Air Operations Branch if memory serves me.

Well I give you some credit for finding it :)

Not a lot of people know about Met Techs...I guess it's not very popular but! They need about 18 in Canada so I guess I have a chance ha ha. Thanks again.

Yes Met Techs wear the Air Operations cap badge. Hopefully some day we will be able to wear something that more closely reflects our job... like say an Int badge.

Did they tell you anything about course dates yet?

Miss.Meteo said:
Not a lot of people know about Met Techs...

I guarantee you that everyone in the AF knows about them.

Hopefully some day we will be able to wear something that more closely reflects our job... like say an Int badge.

WTF ?

Weatherdog : Well I know about my course since I checked online. Most likely it is in in Winnipeg for roughly 13 weeks. My basic training is around October 3rd in St-Jean (where I live right now!)  So If I count the holidays and all that my basic ends mid-january and it all starts there. The course itself we learn about all the computers and outdoors. Oceanography as well as Meteorology. You need an interest in the weather and the outdoors and of course physics!

I guess I misread that so I'll put it simple. No I don't know when the courses starts next. Sorry! Haha.

WeatherdoG said:
Yes Met Techs wear the Air Operations cap badge. Hopefully some day we will be able to wear something that more closely reflects our job... like say an Int badge.

Did they tell you anything about course dates yet?

http://17wing.winnipeg.mil.ca/cfsmet/courses/ScheduledTraining.doc  :)  (I am sittin' here bored waiting to pick Mrs EITS up at work...)

BOQ = Basic Operators Qualification?

Many of our jobs have absloutly nothing to do with the Air Force, I know many Met Techs that have spent more time employed by the Army and Navy than they spent on air bases.

I'm sure I'll be long retired before anything changes, but I fail to see why we wear an Air Ops badge when our trade will mostly be employed by CDI.

oh haha!

WEATHER DOG: It's true what you say about Met Techs. We spend more time on boats or on Infantry bases than on air force bases (which is sad since they are the best bases out there  8) )

Miss.Meteo said:
(which is sad since they are the best bases out there  8) )

Which one would that be, the ones where things are fallign apart or the ones located in the middle of nowhere ?

I'd say the ones located in the middle of nowhere  :p

For the falling apart we're not the only one...My boyfriend is in Petawawa I've never seen such a messy base!!! I mean there is literally garbage everywhere.
I use to live in Borden and I have seen that they finally updated the PMQs a bit. I seriously think they need to fix some that is for sure.

CDN Aviator said:

I think the reason he thought an Int badge would be appropriate is because the job involves "observing, briefing and forecasting" weather conditions, which sounds a lot like Intelligence to me.

In addition, the United States Air Force has "Special Operations Weather Technicians" whose job it is to gain entry into hostile and denied territory and report on the weather, which sounds sort of like an SOF version of the MET Tech.

Neo Cortex said:
In addition, the United States Air Force has "Special Operations Weather Technicians" whose job it is to gain entry into hostile and denied territory and report on the weather, which sounds sort of like an SOF version of the MET Tech.

Most Met Techs are "Special", but more in an Olympics kind of way.  ;)

Neo Cortex said:
I think the reason he thought an Int badge would be appropriate is because the job involves "observing, briefing and forecasting" weather conditions, which sounds a lot like Intelligence to me.

From where i sit, it sounds alot like Air Ops to me. Sure, some Met techs are employed in other situation but i would venture to say that th majority of positions are ISO air operations. I will have a look at EMAA just to educate myself.

CDN Aviator said:
From where i sit, it sounds alot like Air Ops to me. Sure, some Met techs are employed in other situation but i would venture to say that th majority of positions are ISO air operations. I will have a look at EMAA just to educate myself.

Well, I have no formal education or experience in Air Ops or Int so I'll take your word for what it sounds like over mine. :)

Back