• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mexican News

Jarnhamar said:
In 2015, 10.7 million immigrants comprised 27.3 percent of the population, how many of them do you think are Mexican?

Sounds like the new Mexican president is threatening weaponizing immigrants.
So let me get this straight.

People are fleeing Mexico because of drug wars, gang violence, police and military corruption, economic hardship, and will vote in a non existent referendum to have California join Mexico in order to have a return to the drug wars, gang violence, police and military corruption, economic hardship that they were fleeing in the first place?

Yeah, why not.

Altair said:
So let me get this straight.

People are fleeing Mexico because of drug wars, gang violence, police and military corruption, economic hardship, and will vote in a non existent referendum to have California join Mexico in order to have a return to the drug wars, gang violence, police and military corruption, economic hardship that they were fleeing in the first place?

Yeah, why not.

Yup.

If the US government is ramping up deporting illegal immigrants it makes more sense for them to try and keep what they have and where they have it then go back to Mexico.

Jarnhamar said:
Yup.

If the US government is ramping up deporting illegal immigrants it makes more sense for them to try and keep what they have and where they have it then go back to Mexico.
Here's the issue with this.

Illegals aren't voting in any California referendum, are they?

And those here legally aren't at risk at being rounded up and deported, and probably have little sympathy for those here illegally, nor do they want a return to mexico.

Your logic is flawed.

Altair said:
Here's the issue with this.

Illegals aren't voting in any California referendum, are they?

And those here legally aren't at risk at being rounded up and deported, and probably have little sympathy for those here illegally, nor do they want a return to mexico.

Your logic is flawed.

I think what's flawed is your geography.  Unless you moved to the US?

Jarnhamar said:
I think what's flawed is your geography.  Unless you moved to the US?
Please elaborate on that point.

Unless you live in California.

Jarnhamar said:
Are you talking about illegal Mexicans in  Canada?
No, I'm talking about illegal Mexicans in California, as was the topic of conversation, and what all the angst is about.

I was confused when you said

And those here legally aren't at risk at being rounded up and deported, and probably have little sympathy for those here illegally

You forgot it twice. Are you sure you're not experiencing a bit of nationality creep?

Altair said:
Please elaborate on that point.

Unless you live in California.

There is no such direct threat. But, see below where there is apparently growing support for Cali to succeed from the Union through a voting process. I suppose it could be implied that a large immigrant base from Mexico could tip the numbers in favor of success of that initiative.  The movement, however is being driven out of a desire to hurt Trump, not become part of Mexico.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-secession-ballot-initiative-organizers-signatures/

You be surprised what people vote for when it's is marketed right. There are people in California both of Mexican and Non-Mexican descent who would vote to leave the US, because it's "Bad and Evil". they can't comprehend what would await them.

There are Mexicans that do not want their homeland troubles to follow them and many legal Mexicans have little time for the illegals. It is a complex as you dig down. However Non-US trivialize the issue, because we don't face the same issue, hell we have concerns about 38,000 illegals, when adjusted for population, our "fair share" should be 1.1 million every year. How long do you think Canadians would tolerate that? 

I think Canada grossly underestimates the number of undocumented or fraudulently documented people in this country.

Colin P said:
You be surprised what people vote for when it's is marketed right. There are people in California both of Mexican and Non-Mexican descent who would vote to leave the US, because it's "Bad and Evil". they can't comprehend what would await them.

There are Mexicans that do not want their homeland troubles to follow them and many legal Mexicans have little time for the illegals. It is a complex as you dig down. However Non-US trivialize the issue, because we don't face the same issue, hell we have concerns about 38,000 illegals, when adjusted for population, our "fair share" should be 1.1 million every year. How long do you think Canadians would tolerate that?

Canadians would do what they always do; howl, bitch, and whine, then roll over, bite the pillow, and take it.

California is a highly taxed state without water if they want to leave so be it.Ex Cali residents have moved to neighboring states.My uncle was one he took his liberal politics with him to Nevada which has no state income tax.

tomahawk6 said:
California is a highly taxed state without water if they want to leave so be it.Ex Cali residents have moved to neighboring states.My uncle was one he took his liberal politics with him to Nevada which has no state income tax.
I really don't know this is being discussed as a serious topic of conversation.

I mean,  Texas was closer to leaving the union under obama than California is under Trump,  and let's be clear,  neither are close.

Californians love to talk about leaving (particularly San Fransisco ones) However since they have banned most things in the State, don't have anywhere near enough water or power to run the State within their own borders and would lose the Fed cash, they quickly lose steam, sounds vaguely familiar.... 

Mexico wants a deal before the new Presidrnt takes power.       

https://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/article_599976db-fea0-540a-a95b-6e3e924fc1a0.html

Back