• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

military lawyer

paalerik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was looking at different positions with the CAF and after asking for infantry during recruitment I was told intelligence might have been a better fit for me during the motivational interview as I speak fluent French-English, understand the Scandinavian languages and speak German to a certain extent. Not sure what my percentile was on the CFAT but it seemed above average ? Did the medical aspects and all of that. Got form DND 2765, got it completed and then I got DND 2770, which I'm waiting for. Not sure what to expect ?

And now I'm looking at the different trades and am thinking military lawyer might actually be it ? I have a Parisian BAC général so I'm guaranteed admission into French law schools. Is there a way of getting funding from the CAF in order to do law school in France as it's the Napoleonic code, same as in Québec.
I sort of fucked things up when in CEGEP and my cote R is shit... Therefore I wouldn't get into Québec law schools...

The CAF enrolls military lawyers already admitted to the bar.

There is an internal program which selects a very small number of CAF members and sends them to law school, but you must already be qualified ina military occupation and serving in the CAF to be eligible. It is extremely competitive.

The CAF enrolls military lawyers already admitted to the bar.

There is an internal program which selects a very small number of CAF members and sends them to law school, but you must already be qualified ina military occupation and serving in the CAF to be eligible. It is extremely competitive.
As one of our members can attest to

Ok. Might have to use the AFE to fund my licence en droit then… ;)

Left the form with a generalist today. It might be ready by next week?

Just a little add on from what the others have said.

In order to become a CAF Legal Officer you need to have been admitted (called to the bar) to one of the Provincial Law Societies. That means:

1. having completed law school at a university acceptable to the Law Society (either in Common Law or Quebec Civil Law); and

2. having completed the appropriate Bar Admissions course/program for that law society.

Generally, law degrees from foreign (other than Canadian) law schools need to be reviewed and approved by the provincial law society you are applying to. It might be worth your while, if you intend to go to a foreign law school, to speak to someone in the education department of the law society, before you start your studies, to see what you may need or what they find acceptable or problematic.

Best of luck in your endeavours.

🍻

Given the OP's other posted issues, including a criminal record, this seems to be the latest in a stream of 'what education will the CAF give me for free? My own attempts have failed'.

Left the form with a generalist today. It might be ready by next week?
It likely won’t be accepted by the RMO, unless it is filled out by a psychiatrist as they are requiring psychiatric information.

Given the OP's other posted issues, including a criminal record, this seems to be the latest in a stream of 'what education will the CAF give me for free? My own attempts have failed'.
no criminal record.

Back