• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Trade in Army/Navy/Air Force

Kosmas

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the process of applying for the military police trade and was wondering since it is a purple trade. What varies between the Army/Navy/Air Force Military Police? Thank you

I am waiting for my mpac or BII, whatever they are calling it now. I was told the still need to fill 50ish spots for MP this year.
It’s been a slow process though. Coming up on 2 years since I first applied. I just updated my interview because they expire after a year.

I am waiting for my mpac or BII, whatever they are calling it now. I was told the still need to fill 50ish spots for MP this year.
It’s been a slow process though. Coming up on 2 years since I first applied. I just updated my interview because they expire after a year.
Oh wow that is surprising. I am not far into the process because although I did the CFAT back in October 2021, they closed my file because I was still in school. I recently graduated and now have re-opened my file. Currently, they told me they would contact me as they need to verify if my degree works for MP. Although, it has been almost 2 weeks and they have yet to contact me. I am hoping they contact me soon as I would love to progress further. Also, I heard that they need enough applicants to run MPAC and that is why it takes a while and people spend a while waiting. Who knows, maybe if I make some progress, we might be doing the MPAC together!

Oh wow that is surprising. I am not far into the process because although I did the CFAT back in October 2021, they closed my file because I was still in school. I recently graduated and now have re-opened my file. Currently, they told me they would contact me as they need to verify if my degree works for MP. Although, it has been almost 2 weeks and they have yet to contact me. I am hoping they contact me soon as I would love to progress further. Also, I heard that they need enough applicants to run MPAC and that is why it takes a while and people spend a while waiting. Who knows, maybe if I make some progress, we might be doing the MPAC together!
I’ve heard that MP takes a while and 2 years isn’t out of the norm. My medical had to go to Ottawa as I have some allergies so that took a bit longer. Hopefully yours goes quicker. Im not sure if it was a Covid thing or they are realizing how much the mpac costs but they were running Behavioural Integrity Interviews at bases close to the applicants location. From the little info I could get it sounds like a couple hours interview similar to one the RCMP runs
Are you looking at MP or MPO

I’ve heard that MP takes a while and 2 years isn’t out of the norm. My medical had to go to Ottawa as I have some allergies so that took a bit longer. Hopefully yours goes quicker. Im not sure if it was a Covid thing or they are realizing how much the mpac costs but they were running Behavioural Integrity Interviews at bases close to the applicants location. From the little info I could get it sounds like a couple hours interview similar to one the RCMP runs
Are you looking at MP or MPO
I was originally going to go for the officer trade, but then I realized its more of an administrator role, like a desk job. I wanted to have more policing experience and more hands on work, so I decided to go for the NCM MP trade instead.

2 yrs ...sad my friend!!

I was originally going to go for the officer trade, but then I realized its more of an administrator role, like a desk job. I wanted to have more policing experience and more hands on work, so I decided to go for the NCM MP trade instead.
Yeah that fits with what I’ve been told too. I’m going for NCM as well.
I’m sure your schooling will qualify. I went to a little community college and mine was good. When I applied they were able to look it up while I was on the phone with them.

Yeah that fits with what I’ve been told too. I’m going for NCM as well.
I’m sure your schooling will qualify. I went to a little community college and mine was good. When I applied they were able to look it up while I was on the phone with them.
Yea, I have no worries that my degree is an issue. It is just the wait as it is taking them a while. But i'm sure my patience will be rewarded, eventually

Yea, I have no worries that my degree is an issue. It is just the wait as it is taking them a while. But i'm sure my patience will be rewarded, eventually
Ha that’s what I keep telling myself too

Have you got the MPAC yet ?

For Purple Trades (such as MP) - no matter what element you're assigned to (Navy, Air Force or Army) you can potentially serve in a posting of a different element. So as a Navy MP you can be assigned to an Army or Air Force base, just as much as an Army MP you could be posted to either coast line or if a situation requires to a ship.

Back