• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

military style decals/paint...pictures/thoughts?

Maxadia

Inactive
Reaction score
First of all, I'm not planning to put any on any of my vehicles.  Secondly, I am actually a reservist, not someone without any military background.  But every now and then I see people driving vehicles around with...shall we say....military theme decals or paint.

What'everyone's thoughts on this when you see it? I'm just not sure myself whether I think it's a cool show of support, or just....I don't know?

Here's a couple of pics to start with....be sure to toss in your own:

hotrod-jeep.jpg

1-add1-m.jpg

Meh.

M-E-H.

Meh.

If it's the sort of thing that bothers you, you're the sort of person who's got too much time on your hands.

Concur, nobody's business what you do with your private property legally. Are you the inventor of that stupid embarrassment army bag blog that chases civies around and posts pictures to make fun of them wearing war surplus crap?

Lightguns said:
Concur, nobody's business what you do with your private property legally. Are you the inventor of that stupid embarrassment army bag blog that chases civies around and posts pictures to make fun of them wearing war surplus crap?

That would place him in the Camerons in Ottawa.

Are your sure about that?.....there's more than one reserve unit in Ottawa.

a Sig Op said:
If it's the sort of thing that bothers you, you're the sort of person who's got too much time on your hands.

Doesn't bother me at all.  Seeing as this forum is "Radio Chatter", I was just wondering what other's thoughts were on this.

Wow....touch a sore point with you or something?

The first (top) pic is pretty cool.  The second....meh.

No, not a sore point, my thoughts strongly held beliefs are that people are entitled to do what they wish with their private property within the law.  And that usage is nobody's business, Canadian's have developed a strange habit of trying to deny private property to folks they do not agree with; i.e., Gun Grabbers and the Niagara Escarpment Commission vs Mackie’s Mountain Archery to name two.

I like the second one, it is a copy of a 80s Tonka Jeep.

just me... said:
Are your sure about that?.....there's more than one reserve unit in Ottawa.

When the site creator boasts to you, you have a tendency to believe him.

George Wallace said:

Hopefully, that is sufficient for an enterprising young MP to take him down because his blog message of cyber bullying people with war surplus risks our message of connecting with Canadians.  I think our military self identity can withstand an onslaught of long hairs wearing war surplus.  As for the DND members who have had their photos posted, the photographers should be correcting the infraction, if indeed, there is any.  Apologies for the hijack back to lunch.

Take a pill people!

The OP simply asked what people thought of paint jobs.

He even explained he wasn't sure of his own feelings on it, so quit the political rhetoric\ attacks and just ride along with this RADIO CHATTER posting.

---Staff---

The first one is pretty cool. Very creative. Going open top and open wheel is going to make it fun on a gritty road.

The second one is alright, not my thing but definitely worth a look. They've definitely made it their own.

The way my Jeep is rusting, it'll soon look like the first one.  ;)

Wow. That thread went down the internet highway and took the off ramp to Hell in a hurry. Lol

He'a right, I was just asking people's opinions. Otherwise, I would have titled it "Stupid walting decals" or "idiot military themed vehicle jerks".  In no way did I want to start a thread trashing people.

I see a lot of patriotism when it comes to vehicles in the US...here a lot of people seem to do it just because it's cool.

George Wallace said:

gotcha......thats pretty good evidence.

RDJP said:
Wow. That thread went down the internet highway and took the off ramp to Hell in a hurry. Lol

He'a right, I was just asking people's opinions. Otherwise, I would have titled it "Stupid walting decals" or "idiot military themed vehicle jerks".  In no way did I want to start a thread trashing people.

I see a lot of patriotism when it comes to vehicles in the US...here a lot of people seem to do it just because it's cool.

Not really.  We have posted photos on this site that would fit perfectly into this topic.  We have seen photos of Tractor Trailers, Vans and Motorcycles that have been painted up with "Support the Troops" themes.  This is a fitting thread to repost such photos.

Back