• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military uniform fashion (split from: 2014 Iraq in Crisis)

OldSolduer

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
RoyalDrew said:
It was only a matter of time.... Speaking of which!

450715274.jpg

When can I start wearing a fedora in uniform???  This guy is my new hero, bringing style to the battlefield, one dead jihadi at a time!

I'll join you in the push to wear fedoras into combat......despite what other ruddy duddy RSMs say....

RoyalDrew said:
.......  This guy is my new hero, bringing style to the battlefield, one dead jihadi at a time!

Maybe he is Scottish?  The Scots have been wearing 'plaid' into battle for centuries.  ;D 

Jim

Bring back the 'Robin Hood Field Caps'.  It would fall in line with the Pips and Crowns discussion.

George Wallace said:
Maybe he is Scottish?  The Scots have been wearing 'plaid' into battle for centuries.  ;D 

Jim

Bring back the 'Robin Hood Field Caps'.  It would fall in line with the Pips and Crowns discussion.

That's brilliant!

Haven't seen that much panache since the days of 'Mad Mike' Hoare

Mad_Mike1.jpg

alpini1.jpg

Panache you say?  Nobody does panache like the Italians.  The Alpini - A fedora with a feather in it.

And it works well as a unisex fashion statement - in both DEUs and Camouflage.

Alpini_Btn_Feltre_-_Ex_Falzarego_2011_004.jpg

It seems the Iraqi's aren't the only ones getting in on battlefield fashion... Assad's forces know how to fight with style...

attachment.php

One handing an AK with a blazer, popped collar and cigarette in hand!  Not a single #### (you know what) was given that day!

RoyalDrew said:
It was only a matter of time.... Speaking of which!

450715274.jpg

When can I start wearing a fedora in uniform???  This guy is my new hero, bringing style to the battlefield, one dead jihadi at a time!
Am I way too cynical because the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was, "I wonder if the guy without the beret's in their Reserves, and this is all they get?"  >:D
Kirkhill said:
alpini1.jpg

Panache you say?  Nobody does panache like the Italians.  The Alpini - A fedora with a feather in it.

And it works well as a unisex fashion statement - in both DEUs and Camouflage.

Alpini_Btn_Feltre_-_Ex_Falzarego_2011_004.jpg
Never mind the Oktoberfest hats with one feather - how about a hat & helmet with LOADS o' feathers!
2917098951.jpg

200px-Italnato2.jpg

AND they put Rifle Regiments to shame when they march fast, too!  ;)

Not that they can't take a joke about the 180 paces/minute thing ....

Captain Alberto Bertorelli from "Allo Allo".  "What a mistakea to makea"  loved that character.  Same chicken on his head.

Can you say cardio-vascular fitness?  Playing a tuba on the dead run..... Useful characteristic for a stretcher-bearer.

Speaking of hats with feathers - Royal Australian Armoured Corps slouch hat with Emu feathers.

hat2.JPG

And in the "OH GOD MY EYES!" side of the house, the RAAF General Purpose Uniform    >:D

20140301-061930.jpg

Strewth!

Just what background are they trying to blend with?  Legoland?

jollyjacktar said:
Captain Alberto Bertorelli from "Allo Allo".  "What a mistakea to makea"  loved that character.  Same chicken on his head.
And when they want something just a bit lower key, a fez!
BERSAGLIERI-PRONTI-A-PARTIRE.jpg

Nothing beats a beret as big as an XL pizza:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasseurs_Alpins

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around these when I saw them on the news during the recent fighting.

Let me know if you can see this one  ;D

9_Wan4y6.jpg

Popped Collar..... Check
Aviators..... Check
Freshly Combed Hair.... Check
Stylin Blazer.... Check
Cigarette in one hand..... Check
AK brandished in the other.... Check

Not a single #### was given that day!

AND they put Rifle Regiments to shame when they march fast, too!

Tony, Rifle Regiments march at 140 and Double at 220 paces per minute. They do not run.

I won't go into all the jokes about the Second World War Italian runners and direction of the run!!

milnews.ca said:
Am I way too cynical because the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was, "I wonder if the guy without the beret's in their Reserves, and this is all they get?"  >:DNever mind the Oktoberfest hats with one feather - how about a hat & helmet with LOADS o' feathers!
2917098951.jpg

200px-Italnato2.jpg

Not that they can't take a joke about the 180 paces/minute thing ....

LMAO!  Clearly there is a direct correlation between your ability to play the tuba while running and your ability to conduct a hasty attack!

RoyalDrew said:

9_Wan4y6.jpg

Popped Collar..... Check
Aviators..... Check
Stylin Blazer.... Check

Bearded guy in civvies firing one-handed?

Clearly from CANSOFCOM.

RoyalDrew said:

9_Wan4y6.jpg

Popped Collar..... Check
Aviators..... Check
Stylin Blazer.... Check

Like a Boss.