• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MILNET.CA - What do you drive?

My car is a 1993 silver Nissan Altima with some sick looking duct tape highlights and a beautiful cracked windshield! the dent in the front driver side quarter panel really adds to the "used race" look of the car.

what do I wish I drove? how about one of these... Austin Martin DB-S

12aston.600.jpg

I LOVE that car. everything about it is just amazing.

Overwatch Downunder said:
AUII XLS Ford Falcon Utility (Ute) 8/2000.

Duel fuel (ULP/LPG) with +1200km range, 5 spd manual, Tickford wheel pack, and 157kw @ 80 Kph.

Excuse the mess in my garage  ;D

OWDU
Nice little truck. I'm impressed by the range.

cheers,
Frank

98 Volvo V70 T5 which has eaten 5.0L Mustang to 130km/hr. Best car of 9 Volvos I have owned. Presently looking for Volvo/Volvo XC70 as opposed to ford/Volvo XC70.
If cannot be found will probably buy Subaru Forester.

Cheers,

tango22a

I won't wish to drive a specific car (as I don't have a driving license  :-\ ),
but I wish one of my friends had a Lexus, so I could get to sit in one often...

Fall in love with it when a friend of a friend gave me a lift in one, sigh  :crybaby: ...

Haha my kind of thred  :p

Well I currently drive a 94 YJ with some 31' Adventuro A/T's (apparently biggest w/o lift)

But I wish i had one of these
amerigo_unimog.jpg

http://www.unicatamericas.com/vehicles_amerigo_unimog.html

And hope to be commanding in a Leo or Cougar in 5 years (according to some armoured personnel I have met)

2008 Mazda 3. It's a GREAT car and well worth the price (which is a little steep for a four door econo-box).

Once I get posted I'm looking to get an old beater Jeep to bash around trails in.

CEEBEE501 said:
... And hope to be commanding in a Leo or Cougar in 5 years (according to some armoured personnel I have met)

- A COUGAR????!!!

:D

An unusually long commute prompted me to buy an '03 Cavalier, 4 door. A black one. It now has 260,000 kms on it. it's reliable, cheap to run, handles well, is reasonably comfortable and, most importantly, is paid for.

God I loathe that car. Always have.

I don't have the commute anymore, so I was planning to get into a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited this fall. Unfortunately the great financial panic has got me holding off from saddling myself with a large debt.
Maybe next spring...

Too bad they both take premium... ouch!!! I might sell em both... A Challenger is sounding good; 450 horspower of V8 goodness! ;D

- First Car (used):  73 Mazda RX2.  Push acc pedal to floor - other two barrels in the carb opened up.  Bought from a good friend in Thunder Bay.

- Second Car (new): 78 Honda Accord Hatchback. Canoe on top, gravel roads, Over 100,000 km on Highways 17/11 Petawawa to Thunder Bay and back.  Bought in Pembroke.

- Third Car: (new) 84 Honda Accord Hatchback.  Did five years of Autobahn driving in this car.  Called it the A5 Rocket ( 165 kmh on the A5(E8) Autobahn driving to and from work at the "North Marg" every day!). Car saw Vimy Ridge, Dieppe, Verdun, Waterloo, Falaise...  Bought in Kentville.

- Fourth Car: (new) 93 Civic four Door (DW was expecting..).  Still have it.  438,000 km and counting.  About 1/4 of that on Hwy 14 Edmonton/Wainwright.  Bought in Fredericton.

- Fifth Car (used) 99 Civic Four Door. Still have it.  Wife's car.  Bought in Edmonton.

- Car I want: Mercedes-Benz 770 W07 (K).  Naturally, I would ride in the back...

8)

I want one of these, how can you not love a car that gets a review like this?

[When driving the Mercedes SLR McLaren through a tunnel] “When they debate as to what the sound of the SLR engine was akin to, the British engineers from McLaren said it sounded like a Spitfire. But the German engineers from Mercedes said ‘Nein! Nein! Sounds like a Messerschmitt!’ They were both wrong. It sounds like the God of Thunder, gargling with nails.”

There is no replacement for displacement!  Some folks are clearly cylinder challenged.  I only have 33 cylinders, but I feel the first 24 are worthy. ;D

V8, 1986 Mercedes Coupe, a smoke silver 560 SEC with Alcantera Leather seats (upgrade from leather).  In its day, she was the queen of the Mercedes fleet and proper respect is paid even today. Germans genuflect as it passes at 252 kph.  I love this car!  Note to potential owners,  NEVER do a full speed run with windows down and sunroof open.  Bad things happen to the headliner.  This is not a "green vehicle".

V8, 1995 Chev Tahoe 5.7 Ltr.  I bought it for its towing ability and because of the Throttle Body Injection system.  This means I can fix it myself!  I bought this green vehicle after I moved to Vancouver Island.  It is chic to be green here so now I am to be considered cool.  >:D The interior is brown cause, well, a green interior would offend me.

V8, 1992 Mallard Class A motorhome with a 460 engine and a 350 ltr fuel tank. 

Slightly less worthy, but a great deal of reliable fun is the 1985 Gold Wing with 4 cylinders.

A token to high fuel costs, the "Chick Magnet", 88 Tercel, complete with 300,000 km engine, extra ventiltion around each wheel well and multi hued paint job with rust highlights!  Completely effeminate at 4 Cylinders, plus the shame of front wheel drive. :-[  If front wheel drive were any good, NASCAR and Formula 1 would certainly race at least one their cars in showroom config! >:D

The final 3 cylinders are to be found in La Lawnmower, The chainsaw and the weedwhacker.  I am in between boats, but I should be adding at least 4 more cylinders there. 

Long live the internal combustion engine!

I drive a 99 Chevy Blazer (first vehicle I ever owned) and today I just picked up this beast $500 its not the prettiest thing but it runs great for a little beater ( and its a chevy so it should last another 28 years no problem here in Yellowknife  >:D)

I am currently driving a 1979 Cadillac Seville d'elegant. very nice; black and silver, leather interior fur on the floor. 5.7 v8.
its a great car. unfortunately, it does not feel like she has much life left.

I wish i was driving that same cadi, straight off the production line. Minntttttttt

TCBF said:
- A COUGAR????!!!

:D

I was told most RMC graduates are first put in to Cougars, and from what I have seen most Armoured personnel first get put on the Cougar, also they seem like fast little devils out in open terrain.

For city driving I have a Honda Fit, 50 Mpg, almost 10 days in bewteen fillups. Rides like sherman tank, but gets great gas mileage!

For Hwy and long trips I have a 2007 Buick rendevous CXL all wheel drive crossover, heated, power leather seats, heated mirrors, self tinting windows, 8 speaker premium sound system with an I-pod jack, Pop-up GPS nav system, quad climate controls and Pop down DVD player in back. 2 1/2 tons of good old American gas guzzling comfort. Rides like a big old cadilac! I get a better sleep in this thing than in my bed ;D

CEEBEE501 said:
I was told most RMC graduates are first put in to Cougars, and from what I have seen most Armoured personnel first get put on the Cougar, also they seem like fast little devils out in open terrain.

Cougars were taken out of service years ago. I think whomever you were talking to was referring to Coyotes.

I drive a Blue 96 Chevrolet Cavalier. Its not bad for a rusted piece of tin, but it gets me around. I'd rather a 1968 Camaro SS, but life isn't that fair :(

CEEBEE501 said:

- I think they meant to say "Coyote", as I believe the last Cougar left regular force regimental service about 1998 or so.

Back